• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 ready!

Fortress

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX1
looking forward to another season of the rx1's let the snow fly!!! All I have left to do is change the engine oils and put the panels back on,has anyone found a better bolt for the panels? That Phillips head screw sucks!

The Nytro uses Dzus fastners, when i had the RX i wondered if they would have worked on that, although i think it would be kind pricey to buy the tab and fastener.

Yup it would cost some and require some prefab I bet too, found these fasteners on my grizzly skid plate that could work but need to find out where I can get 150-200 of them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 83
Not sure of the part# but the body panels on my 11Apex are held on with a hex head bolt rather than the Phillips head screw. You CAN make your Phillips bit work better by filing or grinding the point some. This allows the bit to fully engage and lessens the likelihood of stripping them.

all of the rx's in our family have been converted from the phillips screw to the bolts that the 2011 + apex uses to hold the lower panels on. much easyer when doing maintenece.

Fortress, I'm right there with you. Although the RX-1 is my backup's backup sled, it does get some use back home and I still enjoy riding it with the Expert-X suspension that's been extended to 136". I finally bit the bullet and rebuilt the carbs, replaced the tank fuel filters and rebuilt the fuel pumps. Can't believe what a difference that made as I was having a hard time getting the carbs to sync consistently and this after numerous disassemble, clean, and reassemble attempts.

As for my trick with the Phillips head screw, it's always been to simply have spares on hand. ;)!

image.jpeg

Mine black,red one wife's, both 2004s.....Our last ride last year, hopefully there's good snow everywhere this year!

Mine is black as well. I see you upgraded your set to an Apex. I opted to upgrade mine to the 2005 version as they had more foam the 03's & 04's.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Mine is black as well. I see you upgraded your set to an Apex. I opted to upgrade mine to the 2005 version as they had more foam the 03's & 04's.

View attachment 149651
View attachment 149652
That looks good, I bet that sled rips being a short track,the most I was able to do was 100km/HR on a lake once,yup both our sleds are apex seat and suspention and risers,we love them!

It started out as a 121" and remained a short track when I installed the Expert-X suspension but then I later extended it to 136"

Back