• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 Y pipe on Apex.

RX1 Yooper

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Since I can't find an Apex Y pipe, I've been told that you can use an RX1 pipe, and weld an extension on, and it will work. Anyone heard of this?

The 05 part numbers are the same and the 04 are the same with - 02 on the end which i'm thinking they are made frome different material..

this is very interesting....what are the rx1 Y pipes made out of?....are they NOT TITANIUM?.....

I think someone needs to take one and start making something that will hold up!

Dan

03 and 04 are stainless and the 05 is titanium. They will work with approx. a 2" extension welded on. Probably easier to do with the stainless pipes and they will last longer then the titanium.

did the 03/04s have any of the current breakage issues that our titanium Y pipes have?...if not,why dont we just put them on?...or are they not a direct fit?..

sounds better then installing the same y pipes that will just eventually crack again

dan

Y pipe

I would like to see the difference in the size of the two pipes, Stainless vs Titanium. Even though the Titanium is lighter is it because the wall thickness is thinner to acomplish the weight savings ?
It seems to me Ford was doing some testing with Titanium on the Focus Exhaust flex pipe and the Stainless was more durable in lab testing. I bet the Titanium has the same tensile strength as Stainless while being much thinner and lighter.
For the minimal weight savings and NO worry exhaust problems its worth looking in to. Unfortunatly I dont have access to a RX-1 Y pipe and my Attak is back together and ready to ride. Good post though ! :Rockon:

ROCKERDAN said:
did the 03/04s have any of the current breakage issues that our titanium Y pipes have?...if not,why dont we just put them on?...or are they not a direct fit?..

sounds better then installing the same y pipes that will just eventually crack again

dan

I have not heard of any stainless Y pipe failures except for RX-1's running a rear mount turbo. I ran a bender rear mount at 22lbs for 2 years and my Y pipes are fine. However they need to be extended by approx. 2" to fit on an apex.

stretch said:
The 05 and 06 have the same part number
8fu 14610 and 8fu14620

the 06's are an 8FP vs. 8FU for the 05's.

For what it's worth the 03/04's are a direct bolt on for the 05's. I'm just waiting on a flange repair and hopefully I'll be back riding this weekend!

Back