• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Bros. Ball Joint Upgrade

Definately have to get the slop out of my steering. BIG wish list for the summer project!!

Had a look at the Sled Toyz website to see what he's done. Good idea going with a two piece aluminum bronze bearing race to replace the steel race. Found it amusing in his video to remove the original race, he used a vise intsead of a press...but he got it out!

Making any bearings/bushings last is all about lubrication. When I bought my 08 RTX about 2 months ago, the ball joints were all dry and had some surface rust. I immediatley sprayed all rod ends and ball joints with a product we have here in Canada made by Rust Check in a can. It lubes and protects against corrosion. My 09 RTX was in better shape ( no rust ), but there too the owner hadn't an ounce of lube on any of the ball joints/ rod ends, they were dry. Sprayed them down also with Rust Check, but I will attempt to add grease fittings anywhere I can this summer to steering and A arms.

Back