• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Bros Clutch Kit for Apex 2011 on up

02ViperMody44

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
2013 Yamaha XTX
YAHOO
ramody44@yahoo.com
Has anyone used/purchased a clutch kit from Schmidt Bros for their 2011 on up Apex? Just looking for some suggestions/opinions on their setup. Spoke to them today and was just looking for some "real world' experience from sledders on this site. I know that Ulmers is always suggested, and I have nothing against purchasing a clutch kit from him, but just looking to expand that options pool a little.

On the Schmidt Bros. website their clutch set-up is not listed, but after speaking to them, I guess they have a set-up that is a low engagement kit that they claim is a huge improvement all the way around.

If you have, an want to post your experience that would be great or if you would be willing to PM me that is fine also.
Thanks in advance,
Rick

No takers/opinions?

I'm wondering what the power commander did for you! Does it give you better mileage, more power, a more responsive throtle. I don't know anyone who has one so I am curious!

Apex Dave said:
I'm wondering what the power commander did for you! Does it give you better mileage, more power, a more responsive throtle. I don't know anyone who has one so I am curious!

I had the PCV on since day one, so I have no comparison. Supposedly they were mapped lean out of the box on top end. Mileage I would get anywhere from 13.5-14.5mpg with it, and not babying it. Spirited trail riding/lakes

I ran it on my 2011 ape, although I had the air box mod, and Chris gutted my exhaust the sled ran awesome, I believe the clutch engaged at 2800-2900 I know it sounds low but it workes awesome pulled hard all the wat to the top. It takes the jerkiness out of it, real smooth engagement best I seen on the speedo was 119 mph. And I didn't run a pcv.

Back