• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Bros fast drive wheels?

viperaddict

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 viper w/monoshock and simmons skis
2011 apex SE
Anyone ever try these? Thoughts and reviews?

Same OEM drivers they had before installing the anti- ratchet drivers.

Same OEM drivers they had before installing the anti- ratchet drivers.
So this is what they had prior to 2011? I have a 2011se and wondering if there would be any top end or fuel mileage gains to be had

So this is what they had prior to 2011? I have a 2011se and wondering if there would be any top end or fuel mileage gains to be had
Extroverts were std on apex starting in 2010. 2009 is when the apex got the beefier 30mm axle. If you ordered the 09 sprockets they will fit your 11 shaft.

Extroverts were std on apex starting in 2010. 2009 is when the apex got the beefier 30mm axle. If you ordered the 09 sprockets they will fit your 11 shaft.
I thought the 09 shaft was the longer version but the same thickness as 08. The 2010 and up was then thicker.
I could be wrong on this it's been a while.

Yes, these were on the prior years, you might gain very little top end but you may get a slipping on acceleration if track tension isn't kept in spec.

I thought the 09 shaft was the longer version but the same thickness as 08. The 2010 and up was then thicker.
I could be wrong on this it's been a while.
The 09 were bigger diameter & longer with involute drivers,10’ up were same diameter & length but had extrovert drivers, the one I put in my 2003 rx1 mod was from a 2013 & i had it shortened so I didn’t have to use a different outer chaincase cover but got the bigger shaft& extrovert drivers

Anyone ever try these? Thoughts and reviews?
I may be looking at aftermarket drivers as well. I may need to change to the 2.86 pitch drivers so I can change to that new Camso Ice Arrowhead track.

Back