• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Bros motorsports

Amsoil 1

Veteran
Has anyone on this site used the products from Schmidt Bros?

Clutch Kit
Exhaust
Intake kit
Fuel Regulator Kit

How much speed and Hp did you get from these products :flag:

I have one of chris's early pipes. it was a bit loud so I sent in back and he rebuilt it into the new style for me. and I got his clutch kit and had the secondary cut back. I havent got it all installed yet but I can tell you his pipe wakes up my GT. And I have to say he is one of the most down to earth guys I have ever done any dealing with.He is willing to do what ti takes to make something work.
Later,
Will

It really opened up the low end grunt of this sled. I havebt tried the clutch kit yet as I had an ulmer last year. I have the GT so I have the 21 tooth sprocket up top. When you get these sleds to breathe they really run. I have not gotten the fule regulator as I'm not sure you really need it. as for top end that is a result of gearing but I think where he is cutting the secondary thinner and letting it come closer together it has to add to the top end.
I don't think that you will be dissapponted in Chris's work or product I haven't been. He is a great guy and has a good commitment to his product.
Later,
Will

I may have gotten that wrong. But I know the GT has a higher gearing in the chaincase. Im sure that it's 21 tooth. but I'm betting somebody on here can set me straight on the gearing.
Later,
Will

Just a quick update. I got my new SMB pipe and clutch on today. I had an Ulmer in it which I loved. But I have to say SMBs clutch kit comes on harder that the ulmer.I had one of the proto pre production pipes which I will tell you was too loud and sound like a tractor. I had told chris this and he offered to update it to his most current model. Too bad my pipe got destroyed via the big brown truck. He had to make me a totaly new pipe for the most part. Its the sweetest sounding pipe I have ever heard this side of an Apex!!!!!!
I can't say enough about SMB. Guys give him a try you won't be let down.

I have the pics. It got flattened. I was smart enought to insure it and at work we ship alot thru them so I got the problem resovled pretty quick. We have had a lot of this going on at least here local with them there hiring pool must be drying up.

well I got mine now anyhow and got it installed. sounds good but need to do some more clutching to it. looks great also :Rockon:

Back