• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scratchers (again)

Paraclete

Expert
I want to put scratchers on my 07 Attak. I have gotten a lot of "free" advice but I was hoping to get some real world opinions here. Here are some choices

Trice (spelling) mounted to sway bar

Slide Kicks mounted
skis
swaybar
rails

Wire type mounted on rails.

I would think the sway bar or skis would do the most good but I have always wondered how you stop them from turning and or enough down pressure bu mounting them on the skis.

I threw up a post about 2 years ago with pictures warning against tric's. I don't know how to link, but you can search "I got triced". I was the author

Skis for me.

Attachments

• 2011-11-19 10.56.44-1.jpg
    2011-11-19 10.56.44-1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 87
the best scratchers i know of are the ones mounted under the running boards. you put them down when needed and lift them when not. the only bad thing is you must lift them before using reverse, or they will get bent out of shape and/or break. i have driven over 100 miles on rock hard blue ice in one day, they spray up unto the track keeping the slides lubed and the sled cool. most times you can use just one to do the job leaving the other as a spare. i use a small 'j' hook to hold them up instead of the plates that they came with. others that also work well are the ski mounted springs. stay away from cables with pointy ends, they wont even make a mark on blue ice.

Back