• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Screens for Upper Cowling

DK

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
1998 SRX
1980 Exciter
1988 Sno Scoot
1989 Kitty Cat
Does any know if there are screens available for the air intake to radiator on upper cowling? I was just curious if it was possible or would it restrict to much air flow to the radiator. Please see picture below to reference the location.

Thanks,
DK

Attachments

• 2012 Nytro XTX-1.JPG
    2012 Nytro XTX-1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 132

I've never had a problem there. Only places I have snow screen is in the vent ( aftermarket) on the clutch side.

"pet screen" from a local hardware store.

cut to size and duct tape it in. Works great - keeps the snow out and cheap solution.

Never had to re-tape mine in two seasons.

I got a few Frogzskins and covered a few vents, the one by the oil tank is a must, fills with snow so fast. They make all different sizes so i just ordered one that was close. Not the cheapest solution, but they work great and look good.

Vents

Buy pet screen and use construction adhesive on the inside. It works awesome and you have enough screen for years.

Only do this if your a little handy.

Cool, thanks everyone for the input. I think I am going to Home Depot to get some pet screen.

big_red1a said:
I have had good experiencre with pet screen as well but used gorilla tape (similar to duct tape but stickier and black.

x2 gorilla tape is duct tapes stronger brother.

That's acutally what i used too. Black Gorilla tape. worked well.

I have tried the pet screen both with spray adhesive and gorilla tape. Somehow I manage to rip it apart once in a while. (I roll the sled, a lot)

I am wondering about using a aluminum grille with the pet screen over..

Will post up some pics when i get to it..

That being said, gorilla tape should work good if you dont roll the sled every ride.. ;)!

I'm going to try this alo.Last year when riding huge amount of fresh powder(5-6ft) I would get about a 20lb build up of ice under the oil tank.
I took out the top screens and got the mod rod vents to replace them they sell them without having to buy a whole sled vent kit.

Back