• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE sled number

jedwards89

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper RTX SE
I know someone put a post on here a while back about how many SE are out there. My sled number is 548. For those who have received them let see how high they have gotten. It would be cool if there were under a 1000 in the US Doubtful, but cool.

Just kidding, actually it's 388 can't remember the engine number. Wasn't easy to see.

We are a dealer in Hanover, PA. I did ride the SE's late last winter. Finally we have a truly aggressive suspension package from Yamaha. As long as Yamaha didn't radically change the final shock specs from what i rode.

Grimm, Finally pic it up? What are you initial thoughts???? I have to get some pics put up of the exhaust and skis.

Going by the serial number may not give a correct build number of the SE because it was built on the same assembly line as the regular nytros.A number plate will give a better idea.I have not seen a SE in person so is there a number plate on the sled like ski-doos MX-Z 670 Toni .Hakionen edition from 1998?

I picked up my SE this weekend, first sled the Dealer prepped this year. I never did get a chance to see one close up at the show here in the spring as it wasn't ready then.

Anyhoo, slick looking sled. Beauty seating position. I didn't realize that the seat would have that much texture to it, makes it grippy though. Do the entire line of Nytros have this style seat, I don't know? An area where I can see me improving upon is to move the speedo closer to, or mounted to the handlebars. It seems that the speedo is just too far away from the rider, maybe it is it's compact size or my aging eyes, it seems too small and difficult to glance at while riding.

Upon buying this sled, I realized that there was virtually zero storage on it and a benefit to moving the speedo is the space behind the windshield would then be available to install a good sized storage bag there, versus the tiny windshield bag Yamaha offers. If I were to install a taller windshield, I can't imagine how large of a storage bag I could put there.

I also have some used 6.9 Pilot skis that I will be installing right of the bat, as well as installing a new Ice Ripper track. The studs on that track are a lot sharper than I though they'd be, I hope this track will be the end of messing with studs for me.

FIRST MOD: The first mod I have completed and I recommend this one to everyone who has a Yammy sled. On the underside of the parking brake lever, I taped a piece hi visibility paper. Now when I hop on my sled, I usually see the bright orange lever and realize that the parking brake is set and release it. Too many times in the past have I set the parking brake, only to start up the sled and burn the belt while the brake is engaged...it does a good smoke though.

Now bring on the snow!

:letsnow:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 43