• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seat color

yamadutch

I have a 07 attack and want to change the grey stripe on the seat to match my sled color which is the candy-apple red. any ideas?

changed mine to black. Looks a lot better.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 101
Ive done the dye thing on mine.. IT lasts about a year and then you must recoat it.. as it wears off .. I used a product called SEMA

The best thing you could do would be to take it to a upholstery shop and have them make you a new stripe and sew it in

I dyed mine black this past winter and not a bit of it wore off at all. I got mine on ebay from the summit racing seller. Black satin was the color. I believe it was the VHT brand.

Those Skins covers are very pricey. I had an upholsterer replace a section of the foam with high density foam as well as redo that silver section in black. Only cost $150 CDN.

I seen an apex a few weeks ago with the skinz cover and it looks way better in person, looks way better than stock apex seat IMO. I have a pick of the sled at home and will post it tonight

I also dyed the grey stripe with the SEM brand vinyl dye. i used the primer that they recomended first then used the dye.
2 complete seasons and it still looks like new.

BenderSRX said:
I seen an apex a few weeks ago with the skinz cover and it looks way better in person, looks way better than stock apex seat IMO. I have a pick of the sled at home and will post it tonight

The Skinz are awesome looking, feel great with the grippy seat and the luggage lid closes backwards and completely seals with velcro to keep the snow out. BBBBUUUUUUT the stitching pulled out in about 4 locations and when I came back from a week in Yellowstone and did a tear down the seat weighed about 65 lbs - I am not sure how all the water got into the foam but it was a brick and heavier than all get out.

[I quote="yamadutch"]I have a 07 attack and want to change the grey stripe on the seat to match my sled color which is the candy-apple red. any ideas?[/quote] I had a deep red sewn on my 07 Apex last year. I tried posting on this web site, but it's too big or something. send me your email ad, and i can send a pic...snomo53 markc8@geneseo.net

skinz

I had one and returned it because the door on the storage opened backwards and was pulling on the seat where it is sewed when opened I use the compartment for the empties ,it gets used a lot. I was not happy with that part of the design .The rest of the seat looked great . :drink: :drink:

Summit Racing on ebay sells VHT dye. Satin Black is what I used on my silver stripe of my '06 Apex RTX. It is holding up very well. I paid about $14 for it on ebay, including shipping. I couldn't find it at any stores near where I live.

Back