• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seat time with the tied setup??

tied set up

I am wanting to pull the trigger on one of these as well, and am looking for feedback too.......In theory sounds like the best compromise in driven clutching to date......

All on back order, we tried many places and nobody that we have found has the TIED set ups.
So as soon as we get mine in I will let you all know, hopefully soon!

Dustin

I've had mine on for 3 weeks, just waiting for snow.... :o| If we don't get any snow here there is a crew of us that are heading north on sunday to get a bit of a riding fix.

I got the whole kit, primary, jackshaft and tied secondary. It's a breeze to install, everything fits perfectly. I'll be able to tell you how Teams recommended setup works, then the test and tuning starts. Hopefully next week I can tell you how it performs.

I must of lost this thread in the mix, and been more occupied with motor related problems. I think that there is a thread in the clutching part of this forum on these too.

I have about 100 miles on this set up, I haven't done anything but run it in what they recommend from team right now. So far it seems really pretty good, the backshifting is night and day different. I actually went out last night with a buddy and we did some drag racing. And before we were pretty equal and now last night, I would pull him everytime. So it is a little faster on accel but we never ran any top end together on the river so not sure on top speed. But a few days ago on the river I saw the fastest speed I have ever seen on mine speedometer, 105 mph. So if I recall that is about 3-4 mph faster than I have ever saw.

Finally got to use mine as well, just a bit of test and tune in the back 40 hay field. So far I'm just using the recommended set-up from Team. Last year I was always neck in neck with my buddies 09 XPRevX 800R Gade up to about 80mph and then he would slowly pull me. He put in a Cudney clutch kit and an SPI pipe and all I've done to mine is an Aaen pipe and the complete primary/secondary/jackshaft kit from Team. I get him by 2 to 3 lengths out of the hole in the first 200 feet every time and hold that until we run out of field which is just about 1/2 mile long. He's pissed. The back shift is completely different and clutch engagement is much smoother, more controlled.

I have also seen the fastest readings on my speedo ever at 107mph. Stock the best I ever saw was 99mph. So far I'm impressed and I haven't even had a chance to fine tune yet.

I would have to say that so far this is the best clutching upgrade I have ever done! Going to do some riding tomorrow and will get a better feel of what it is like on the trail. ;)!

Easy Rider said:
Finally got to use mine as well, just a bit of test and tune in the back 40 hay field. So far I'm just using the recommended set-up from Team. Last year I was always neck in neck with my buddies 09 XPRevX 800R Gade up to about 80mph and then he would slowly pull me. He put in a Cudney clutch kit and an SPI pipe and all I've done to mine is an Aaen pipe and the complete primary/secondary/jackshaft kit from Team. I get him by 2 to 3 lengths out of the hole in the first 200 feet every time and hold that until we run out of field which is just about 1/2 mile long. He's pissed. The back shift is completely different and clutch engagement is much smoother, more controlled.

I have also seen the fastest readings on my speedo ever at 107mph. Stock the best I ever saw was 99mph. So far I'm impressed and I haven't even had a chance to fine tune yet.

I would have to say that so far this is the best clutching upgrade I have ever done! Going to do some riding tomorrow and will get a better feel of what it is like on the trail. ;)!

So, you got the jackshaft converion kit, plus the Tied secondary all in one kit/setup? How much is that and where did you get it from?

SledFreak said:
Easy Rider said:

So, you got the jackshaft converion kit, plus the Tied secondary all in one kit/setup? How much is that and where did you get it from?

Most likely got it right from team........$750 for the tied setup and $650 for the tss-04 setup.

I got the complete kit with the tied clutch and jackshaft from Hi-Performance Engineering. Buddy is a dealer and was right around 600 shipped.

Back