• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

secondary bushing...

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Damn bushing won't stay in place...the bushing on the bearing side.

Replaced it last winter with an aftermarket bushing, and it wouldn't stay in, so I put in an OEM bushing. Lasted about 1000 kms...

Cruising for about 6+ miles on the lake yesterday at 60+ mph....lost rpm....bushing must have got hot and moved out between the secondary and the jackshaft bearing...

Any suggestions to make a new one stay put?!

:nos

darv said:
Make sure you push in on the right side put some lock tie on there also.

ok, I don't have it with me right now, but what do you mean 'the right side'? From the outside or the inside?

I cannot remember if it can only be pressed from one side. I think it can go from either side....

I am pretty sure I had peened in little dots with a punch on the clutch after I pressed the bushing in from the outside...it presses in and leaves you about 1.5 mm space on the outside...so I hammered a couple peens on there..

darv said:
Backside to front an use locktie

RED loctite or Green Loctite retaining compound stuff?

Thanks for your thoughts.

:nos

had an old tube of the Green Loctite....didn't use it, and instead used RED loctite...

Will report back...

Back