• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary spring

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
I am running a 41-37 helix a the B/O dalton spring set at 90°.
Works good until I switch to my 300hp super spool header tune. Belt slips under acceleration.
I dont notice the belt slip if I am running the 35° helix in the same conditions.

Has anybody found a secondary spring that works with the 41-37 helix with the bigger power?

You running V1 or V2 BO?

V2 should be fine for that, but as I recall you are running a 1.5" track as well, so maybe thats loading things harder where its borderline too, you may try backing down to a 39-35 or just use the straight 35. The Winder doesn't seem to care much about helix angles as long as you keep the belt slip at bay. Its like a honey badger in that respect. More helix doesn't magically work on these turbo sleds. In fact as your finding out sometimes less angle is more. There not like the old low torque two-strokes!

V2 BO spring. 22-41 gears
Yes running a 1.5 storm 2 ply track with 196 studs. Plenty of traction.
The 35 helix feels snappier but the 41-37 pulls harder except when belt is slipping.
On the plowed frozen snow covered road the 41-37 is an animal and works great but in the snowy trails is where I get belt slip and the 35 holds the belt due to not as aggressive upshift.
I have a great clutch setup for trail with the 35 helix.
I just want more.....

Hoping for early snow so I can get all my testing done in December.
Nytro primary with thunders products weights and spring. Might have to play around with weight placement or spring choice in primary to see what holds.
I am no clutching expert but like to try different set ups to learn what does what.

Back