• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary Stock Spring Adjustment??

newrx1toy2004

Extreme
The stock black spring on the secondary sheave is located in numbers 3-3. Is there a better combination of numbers? What is the difference in color for the spring. I was told to use a grey/silver spring, and locate it in numbers 2-6...Is this right, and if so what changes will I notice. Thanks guys.

From what I am told changing the settings to 2 and 6 will give you more rpm top end. I guess you have to take the secondary off to make this adjustment. Sorry I cant help more, hopefully more knowledgable guys with chime in. Good luck

I have a Warrior and I changed my stock secondary spring setting to 2+6 and here is what I have observed; It now pulls 10200 RPM and there is a smoother transition of power ( not as jumpy). I like it better this way and have decided to keep it like this. Try it and if you don't like it just put it back to stock configuration. :wink:

I have a 2004 RX1-ER shorty. I do find it very jumpy when engaging at the stock settings 3-3. I am not sure how much difference there is between the black RX1 spring and the white Warrior spring, but I will try the 2-6 setting with my black spring. I did a 6-3 setting and the bottom end pull was amazing. Pulled the ski's off the ground and the speedo climbed to 171km in such a short distance, but the tach would only hit 10,000rpm. All this info floating around this forum makes my head spin. I am addicted. :shock:

I am the dumb one :roll: There is a small dab of pink on mine. I changed the secondary spring to 6-2 from 3-3. Have not had a chance to test it yet. I'll try the machine out tomorrow and let you know what I feel.

Keep in mind when you tighten your seconday spring it makes the secondary stay shifted down longer. Ideally you want to pull as heavy a load as your engine will pull. You may lose some top end and accelleration by setting it too tight. I like mine at 70 for most riding.

Hi Ted way go to the with spring with rx1 it´s harder then the pinkone
by going to a harder spring then necessary it´s reduces the clutch efficiency,ok i know clutching the new 4stoke put meny old theories on it´s head?

Ran the sled for about 150km yesterday with the pink spring advanced to 80 degrees 6-2. Worked very well. Went down one road with absolutely no traction, looked down at the speedo and saw 227km/hour and reving 10,200rpm. Too bad the machine couldn't do 227km/hour. Got it buried in approx 4 feet of snow. Took 5 of us to get out the RX TON. :twisted:

Just got back from Canada, Rode with another Warrior. His secondary was set at 3+3 and mine was at 2+6. His would only rev to 9800 RPM, Mine 10200 RPM
On the top end, I would walk away from him!
His sled had 600 miles, mine 1800 miles.

Bob Miller said:
Just got back from Canada, Rode with another Warrior. His secondary was set at 3+3 and mine was at 2+6. His would only rev to 9800 RPM, Mine 10200 RPM
On the top end, I would walk away from him!
His sled had 600 miles, mine 1800 miles.

I'd put money on the fact that you have 1,200 more miles on your engine being the reason you walked away from him rather than where the secondary is set.

Back