• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Service Bulletins

ysiride

Veteran
Can anyone tell me if there is actually a Service Bulletin or a recall for the jackshaft bearing on the RS. If so can you tell me what the Service Bulletin number is...

I don't see how, its the same bearing as in RX1/Apex, which suffers more stress. 03RX had an issue with the bearing COLLAR, which was updated in 04.

What I have heard is that there may have been a bad batch of JACKSHAFTS (not bearings), which ARE being recalled. Its based on the machine's serial number and not all are being recalled.

LazyBastard said:
I don't see how, its the same bearing as in RX1/Apex, which suffers more stress. 03RX had an issue with the bearing COLLAR, which was updated in 04.

What I have heard is that there may have been a bad batch of JACKSHAFTS (not bearings), which ARE being recalled. Its based on the machine's serial number and not all are being recalled.
You are correct LB. It is not a bearing problem. A series of bad jackshafts were installed during production that had an undersize bearing journal. Apperently the loosness of the shaft in the bearing can cause the shaft to break. This is common on any machinery if bearing to shaft sizes are not proper. As to the buletin number, sorry I don't have that information.

My RS Venture was on both serial number's list and got it done today. It is the jack shaft for one, and the ignition module.. not the CDI. (for the code 84) Did not had chance to find out if the bearing got replaced in the process but will look on the morning at daylight. I do not have the recall number and the dealer had only a serial number + owner name list for both job.

bye.

Only 2 I heard:
007 - Clutch Slider
010 - Ignition Unit Replacement

Didnt know there were any others on the 05 Vector. Would love to know if there are.

aVenture said:
My RS Venture was on both serial number's list and got it done today. It is the jack shaft for one, and the ignition module.. not the CDI. (for the code 84) Did not had chance to find out if the bearing got replaced in the process but will look on the morning at daylight. I do not have the recall number and the dealer had only a serial number + owner name list for both job.

bye.
did you get a mailed notification?

I received a letter not from Yamaha but the dealer. Actually, when we filled the work order the day the job got done, the guy crossed out my name, model & serial on a "what was looking like to me" a Yamaha made list.

Back