• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shims behind secondary ?

rage man

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
was wondering how many shims everyone had on the back side of there secondary i only have 2 and i was on the yamaha parts catalog and it shows what they call 2 shims and 1 other thing they call a washer plate not a shim and i dont sceem to have it just the shims and im currently in the process of figuring out y im blowing belts some feed back on the number of shims u all have would be appericated thanks :rocks:

I can't remember how many I had behind mine but I did adjust it this year. I checked the spec and it was out just a bit so I moved a few shims around. Hope it works well the way I adjusted it and o didn't mess anything up. I used a straight edge and a ruler like it shows in the manual.

depends on the belt width tolerance. i've had 1 thin to 2 thick as the belt wears.

Friend of mine that was blowing belts on his Nytro all the time found out his frame was twisted. Lift your track take off belt guard start the engine and see if your belt is running true or not. If its not running true your going to go through a lot of belts.

Sled Dog said:
Friend of mine that was blowing belts on his Nytro all the time found out his frame was twisted. Lift your track take off belt guard start the engine and see if your belt is running true or not. If its not running true your going to go through a lot of belts.

Sled Dog when you say frame do you mean the subframe? I am also experiencing the same problem and trying to figure it out.

The belt/clutch alignment tool will be your best friend. The number of shims may not necessarily be the same from sled to sled if assembly tolerances are slightly out. Cheers, Scott

need to clairify that your talking about the shims on the jack shaft or the small shims/washers on the 3 bolts screwed into the backside of the secondary???

Back