• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should my flex pipe look like this?

kubiej21

Hey guys,

During my last ride of the season, the exhaust noise gradually increased throughout the day, so I figured that my donuts were going bad on me. I just pulled the sled apart, and I noticed that the middle flex pipe was rattling around.

Upon closer inspection, I could see that the middle flex pipe had separated from the pipe that comes off of the engine block (refer to images 1 & 2). Should this even happen, or am I in need of a new flex pipe?

Also, am I wrong in thinking that my exhaust donuts have vanished into thin air??? (image 3)
20140509_212909.jpg
20140509_212923.jpg
20140509_213044.jpg

If your donuts vanish like that it will allow air to enter the pipe and as we all know air promotes burning so the pipe temperature will rise enough to burn out or through. When you notice your exhaust getting louder don't wait, check it out the next chance you get. Remember that this is all under a plastic fuel tank.

Replace the POS Flex pipes with a Full Hindle. I did and not looking back.

Hindle Exhaust System is a full stainless exhaust from front to back including straight pipes from header, into a 3 chamber, into one pipe. Replaces all donuts and flex pipes. Great exhaust made in Canada by Lee Hindle. Some guys just install full exhaust system, or many have opted for the full Hurricane Upgrade System for the Nytro which includes the full Hindle system, a PC5..helix..weights and airbox mod...an extra 18 HP for the Nytro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-03-12-42-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-03-12-42-12.png
    374.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
That's a great idea but is a 2k upgrade......

I had issues last year with the collector and was going to put the hindle on it, but you can't just upgrade the exhaust system without a re mapping. If you know how to do this- no problem. But if you don't - a big problem.

There is a company here in Ontario that has come out with a new part that does away with the donuts and replaces them with a type of woven flex joint and clamps to the header and collector - great idea.

Does anyone know their name......

Ms

Back