• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should Yamaha offer a bigger tank on SOME Nytros

Should Yamaha offer a VERSION of the Nytro with bigger gas tank

• Yes I would like a 10-12gal on some Nytros

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I like it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care 7 or 10gal I am buying the Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What they said is:

"There are two sleds in the 2008 line-up that cornered better than anything I’ve seen yet. These included the new FX Nytro and the all new Ski-Doo Rev-XP. For some reason I found myself to keep coming back to these two models. If I had to rank these sleds for which one cornered better, the Rev-XP did have a small edge on the FX Nytro. On the other hand I liked the performance of the FX Nytro motor better. This new 130 horse fuel injected motor along with its big brother, the 150 hp fuel injected motor, is the best in the business for smoothness, power, throttle response, and reliability. Once you’ve experienced this four stroke power it is hard to go back to a two stroke with your trail performance machines. "

So, part of the "competition" is the new Rev. Don't know what motor. In any case, they loved it and thought it got great mileage compared to the others. I am just saying quit all your piss-whining until you know. In any case, like someone already said, it is what it is. Get over it. You will know next year. If that is enough to drive you back to a 2-smoke, have at it. But at least wait to make the decision on facts, not someones idea of what it is or should be or might be. :4STroke:, even with a "small" gas tank.

you are missing the whole point Yamaha did a good building 138hp sled at 523dry but i was real close to buying this sled.but to appeal to guys who ride 300 miles a day and like to do over night trips you need a sled that goes 135-150 mile on a tank of gas and even a 17mpg it can't yes the 4 stroke is a better motor for the long run

but ski-doo xp 800r has a 10 gal tank and at 14 mpg that a 140miles on a tank believe it or not 5-10 miles could mean you are walking and before you bring up oil the doo go 375-400 miles on a tank.

and i do not care about mpg and do not care how munch i spend on gas i just do not want to walk in the snow for 10-20 miles a 10 gal tank is what it needs
and Yamaha should a least offer it. and you can,t carry a tour Buddy on the back. :ORC

AAAHHH..........17 x 7.4 = 125.6 mile range. Pretty close to your 135 minimum. And, I am not missing the point. My point is you do not know what the range is because you only have half the equation, the tank size. You are guessing at the mileage. That is my point. Everyone is guessing, but the one test that we know of said it took much less than the competition, so we can rightly say we need to wait and see what kind of mileage it gets. Then you can say it is too small. It's like you are saying "don't confuze me with the facts, my mind is made up". I am saying wait for the facts. Your feeling is that the mileage won't be sufficient to get the range you want. I am saying you don't know that, and you may be pleasantly surprised. If it is not enough, and you go back to a 2 smoke over it, so be it. Just keep an open mind until we know the facts. As Joe Friday used to say, just the facts ma'm. :Rockon:

Well in talking to the tech rep at the show. 110 to 120 miles per tank was standard in testing. The days they played heavy in the powder, 80 miles. Now he did not say how empty they were. But that was enought to have me wondering about my snow check choice.
I ride to many places were gas is hard to find. So yes a few more gallons would have been better for me. Now I will need to look at a rack and a can. Just my .02

Reddog said:
Well in talking to the tech rep at the show. 110 to 120 miles per tank was standard in testing. The days they played heavy in the powder, 80 miles. Now he did not say how empty they were. But that was enought to have me wondering about my snow check choice.
I ride to many places were gas is hard to find. So yes a few more gallons would have been better for me. Now I will need to look at a rack and a can. Just my .02

that was my point. that means the nyrto need a bigger tank 10gal would be nice.look like i will be buying a XP and not the nytro and to think yammi built a greet sled

138hp light weight but no fuel range at a average of 13.5 mpg it needs 10gal tank,it look like it would be one of the best trail sled out but maybe a after market company will make a bigger tank :ORC

im with scott some times at night u cant get gas and 100 miles even 1`25 isnt good enough with my rage i went 144miles on a tank and the light was on forever if i only had thet 125 i would of had a nice walk at 2 in the morning at - 25 in northern new brunswick need 10 gal

Just buy the MTX and mount a tank on the back tunnel. Problem solved. Oh yeah, for you trail guys, you may want to upgrade the shocks. OK, now problem solved!! :jump:

scott8888 said:
Reddog said:

that was my point. that means the nyrto need a bigger tank 10gal would be nice.look like i will be buying a XP and not the nytro and to think yammi built a greet sled

138hp light weight but no fuel range at a average of 13.5 mpg it needs 10gal tank,it look like it would be one of the best trail sled out but maybe a after market company will make a bigger tank :ORC

And as I and others have said 100 times before....if you do high-mile cruising, this might not be the sled for you. This is not a cruising sled, people. How many times does this have to be repeated? How many times are people going to say "well if it had 10 more miles"? That is a ridiculous argument. If you are basing it on that, you need a Vector, Apex, or to plan your trips better.

Furthermore, like Yamahey said - no one really knows. It just might get 17 mpg. I hope you guys who want a bigger tank get one, but I doubt like hell it is going to happen.

Scott, I have seen you argue before on HCS. Despite what you say about buying one, I know how Doo-loyal you are anyway. You have said 2 times now that you won't be buying the Nytro. We get it. Stop arguing then; this isn't HCS. If your mind is made up then go back there, the mods won't tolerate it here(thankfully).

By the way, if you are going to use the "if it had 10 more miles" argument, I can easily use the "if those rings didn't burn up with 8 gallons left" argument as well.
:ORC
Can we stop beating the dead horse now? It stinks.

silversurfer said:
scott8888 said:
Reddog said:

And as I and others have said 100 times before....if you do high-mile cruising, this might not be the sled for you. This is not a cruising sled, people. How many times does this have to be repeated? How many times are people going to say "well if it had 10 more miles"? That is a ridiculous argument. If you are basing it on that, you need a Vector, Apex, or to plan your trips better.

Furthermore, like Yamahey said - no one really knows. It just might get 17 mpg. I hope you guys who want a bigger tank get one, but I doubt like hell it is going to happen.

Scott, I have seen you argue before on HCS. Despite what you say about buying one, I know how Doo-loyal you are anyway. You have said 2 times now that you won't be buying the Nytro. We get it. Stop arguing then; this isn't HCS. If your mind is made up then go back there, the mods won't tolerate it here(thankfully).

By the way, if you are going to use the "if it had 10 more miles" argument, I can easily use the "if those rings didn't burn up with 8 gallons left" argument as well.
:ORC
Can we stop beating the dead horse now? It stinks.

i am really think about buying a Yamaha this year after seeing the nytro and the hp is 138 it mighty just be a good sled for me

HCS is just a site to bust balls i am over here to get more info on it to help make up my mind.i go to doo talk to get info on the XP most likely i will end up with one NYTRO AND ONE XP 800r but i really do not want to buy both.

Just wait until next year [09] to buy! LIKE MANY ARE!

Maybe Yami will get their heads out of their arsses & put a 9 gal tank on the new 136" Nytro LTX!!!

I wonder if that would be a trail sled???

Oh' Boy!?

BR

I hear that coldone, many of us are looking for the bigger gas tank. I dont see why they (or someone aftermarket) doesn't add a bigger tank. If you look at the skeleton, there is plenty of room, so its only a matter of time before someone builds one.

I think there is so many pages because its a serious screw up by Yamaha & many true Yamaha owners & would be owners would love to see someone from Yamaha say, this is going to be looked at & updated to a bigger tank!
I know on your average Sunday ride this is not as big of a deal, but for someone who wants to go out and take off for three or four days its a issue!
Don't give me the, this sled isn't a trail sled shitt either! The sled is going to be used by 90% or more of the people that buy it on trails, some near gas pumps & some that can not find a gas pump for 100-130 miles or so. Not everyone just bar hops near their favorite hangouts!
We all don't know what the Nytro is going to get for mpg, but we do know the last upgraded motor we got lost mpg! [140 to 150 upgrade]
When my wifes Rage gets ran hard it gets 15-16 mpg!
Where does that put the new Nytro???
If it gets better than 15 mpg, on a real world ride, I'll shitt all over myself!

And if it does your still looking for gas at 85-90-95 miles!!! :o|

BR

Coldone -- Please post a picture of that next year, I can hardly wait. My brothers Venture never gets less than 18 no matter how hard we ride. He is usually at 20. I believe you will be making a mess of yourself and I want to see the picture. :jump:

Back