• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder BOV

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
What's everyone using for aftermarket bov? Internal, external, sound, no sound, and pros or cons to either one?

Last edited:

Turbosmart 34mm BOV. Holds more boost than stock BOV by far. Definitely makes more noise, but in a good way.

Last edited:
I just installed this one!
GFB respons #T9033. 33mm/33mm

Adjustable to the desired% whitout tool (big ring) . recycling or atmosphere

C9CA7C1D-AADF-4686-A181-D5C2D9A79FA3.jpeg
FB6170F2-74FF-4D03-B1EF-2DF267C77D86.jpeg

Will that fit a stock sidewinder without a tune? Or anything needed?
it will fit stock winder but i believe if u are not tuned the stock one would be fine, therefore savin ya $ on a part not needed

What part is adjustable?
The noise? I love that sound
i put a turbo smart bov on mine, full vent to atmosphere... looking for the loudest release sound i could get! even with it to atmosphere i could barly hear it bent at over 17 lbs boost, put it back to full recovery like stock and against better judgement i put a map tune external intake on it.. i really didn't want one but after researching under hood wai was actually worse tgan stock and i wanted sound i put it on! its growin on me i dont mind it but wow love the noises it makes, sounds like a subru goin threw the woods lol

Attachments

• 4FF26164-E784-443C-A6A7-9636AE7D2C7A.png
    4FF26164-E784-443C-A6A7-9636AE7D2C7A.png
    492.7 KB · Views: 100
i put a turbo smart bov on mine, full vent to atmosphere... looking for the loudest release sound i could get! even with it to atmosphere i could barly hear it bent at over 17 lbs boost, put it back to full recovery like stock and against better judgement i put a map tune external intake on it.. i really didn't want one but after researching under hood wai was actually worse tgan stock and i wanted sound i put it on! its growin on me i dont mind it but wow love the noises it makes, sounds like a subru goin threw the woods lol
From just the intake noise?

From just the intake noise?
yes, all intake noise , my external bov u could barly hear relieving 17 lbs,u would have to try n listen to hear it if at all, put it back to recycle, put this intake on and u hear all the turbo flutter big tyme, i know most dont want to hear it but i did and this style intake is the only way to get it! if thats ur thing!

Back