• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder rear bumper swaps

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I'm sure I have not been the only person to notice how little room there is between the bumper and the chassis on the Winders,and I have talked to people with these sleds that have wanted to change the rear bumper to one that allows more room for a gloved hand.I understand the Cat bumper is longer and does this but am looking for replies from those that have changed their bumpers.I have only had my SRX for one season and already have picked away at the things I want to change on it but am looking for options for a bumper that allows for a gloved hand to fit around it comfortably for one reason or another.

I'm sure I have not been the only person to notice how little room there is between the bumper and the chassis on the Winders,and I have talked to people with these sleds that have wanted to change the rear bumper to one that allows more room for a gloved hand.I understand the Cat bumper is longer and does this but am looking for replies from those that have changed their bumpers.I have only had my SRX for one season and already have picked away at the things I want to change on it but am looking for options for a bumper that allows for a gloved hand to fit around it comfortably for one reason or another.
I was thinking about making a custom bumper with two hand grips 10" lower, try picking up the back when your in 2' of snow

Trade in and try a utility sled ,stronger all over and you can haul wood with a trailer attached, and grooming equipment never have to worry.

I would guess a cat bumper would be a direct fit from a mounting standpoint. I would check out getting a cheap used one off ebay .

I purchased one of the aftermarket Arctic Cat bumpers a few years ago and love it! The handle is separate from the mudflap, but still attaches using all the factory holes (plus a few that you have to drill yourself). Removing the eight huck rivets that hold the front of the bumper to the tunnel are a pain, but it was well worth it (even for the ~$200 price)!

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-c...ss-rear-bumper-2013-2021-zr-xf-m-137-146-inch

Forgot to include a few photos - VERY happy with it versus stock!

Attachments

• D17B6E6B-32CC-4FB0-88BF-79B13E423493.jpeg
    D17B6E6B-32CC-4FB0-88BF-79B13E423493.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 4200511E-3637-4C47-BDA5-4AF664E6F0E8.jpeg
    4200511E-3637-4C47-BDA5-4AF664E6F0E8.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 129

Back