• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder speedometer

Team Yami

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex gt
Have a low mile Sidewinder that has moisture in the speedometer. Was wonder if the viper speedometers with work also if the miles are stored on the gauges or the ecu. Also does anyone have a speedo for a Sidewinder with low miles on it they would sell??

Thanks

I have a 2019 winder dash— 3800 miles— yes mileage is stored in dash not ECU— call for more info if ya want 2607019033 Tod

I have a 2019 winder dash— 3800 miles— yes mileage is stored in dash not ECU— call for more info if ya want 2607019033 Tod
Okay I’ll keep you in mind Tod, I’ll try and run the one I have now as long as I can to keep my lower miles. Just hate to put a higher mile speedo in a low miles sled for when I want to sell it

Reactions: Tod
My father bought a sled that was in an accident, she issued, we replaced it with a ns1 gauge. He is a very happy camper now that I've shown him how to use it lol

Here is another idea—- put the dash in a redux machine— one of my friends invented this machine— not sure if the dash would fit— it’s used for cell phones and hearing aids that get wet— put it in the machine, creates a vacuum then boils the moister off without hurting the electronics—— when you create a vacuum environment then the boiling point is lowered signifantly—- redux can be found at Verizon stores and hearing aid places—— just not sure the dash will fit in the redux box—- Tod

Here is another idea—- put the dash in a redux machine— one of my friends invented this machine— not sure if the dash would fit— it’s used for cell phones and hearing aids that get wet— put it in the machine, creates a vacuum then boils the moister off without hurting the electronics—— when you create a vacuum environment then the boiling point is lowered signifantly—- redux can be found at Verizon stores and hearing aid places—— just not sure the dash will fit in the redux box—- Tod
You could probably make one pretty easy.
Do you have a food saver machine? Or know of anyone with a vacuum pump?

You could probably make one pretty easy.
Do you have a food saver machine? Or know of anyone with a vacuum pump?

The problem with a food saver is that you typically cannot pull the vacuum for any duration of time. You can use an air powered vacuum venturi and a compressor and pull vacuum for as long as you want or until the compressor keels over. Stick it in a sealed container, plumb in a vacuum venturi, stick the whole thing in semi warm water, and bobs your cross dressing aunt.

ven-001_feed_1.webp

The problem with a food saver is that you typically cannot pull the vacuum for any duration of time. You can use an air powered vacuum venturi and a compressor and pull vacuum for as long as you want or until the compressor keels over. Stick it in a sealed container, plumb in a vacuum venturi, stick the whole thing in semi warm water, and bobs your cross dressing aunt.
I was thinking more of just using one of the bigger containers that come with the food saver kit then pulling @ 29 inches of vacuum for a while with a vacuum pump.....

I was thinking more of just using one of the bigger containers that come with the food saver kit then pulling @ 29 inches of vacuum for a while with a vacuum pump.....

It will work if you can keep the vacuum long enough. It actually takes awhile. While water has a lower boiling point in the liquid, it also doesn't have any atmosphere to carry that moisture so it takes a long time.

It will work if you can keep the vacuum long enough. It actually takes awhile. While water has a lower boiling point in the liquid, it also doesn't have any atmosphere to carry that moisture so it takes a long time.
This is how we remove moisture from A/C systems. Just let the pump run as long as it needs to remove the moisture.

Back