• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail tank

It increases capacity from 8.9 gallons to 12.
Thought the factory tank was 9.9 ('17) either way....I like the product and understand the cost of admission. Some things are worth it. Great mod!

Yamaha site shows the LTX-GT capacity at 8.9, Cat shows the Thunder Cat tank at 9.9, Trail tank shows it at 8.9.
I know I have put in just over 9 gallons before, and it was sputtering while pulling into the pumps.

Yamaha site shows the LTX-GT capacity at 8.9, Cat shows the Thunder Cat tank at 9.9, Trail tank shows it at 8.9.
I know I have put in just over 9 gallons before, and it was sputtering while pulling into the pumps.
I sputtered into a station last year. But I was too pissed about fuel cost upcharge they do in Wis.
Typically the cost from reg to premium is less then $1. A gallon.
Wis. New game ...$2. diff.
First time i hit the $50 mark to fill up.
It's the principal.

I'm honestly hoping to click down to Eco trail (250hp), run 87 and be able to hold it wide Open this year.
I don't trail ride with authority, but it would be nice to know you can.

Powder keg sold to someone and they haven't answered the phone in just over a year (november 22 was the last post I saw).
That's a shame because the previous owner was great to deal with and cared about the product and his customers.

I was going to buy one last year and then they disappeared. I saw one on a sled locally and it looked like a slick setup.

That trail tank install looks great and would be very useful in my 100 mile++++ remote riding area. I probably would miss the large tunnel bag on my X-TX though.

I was going to buy one last year and then they disappeared. I saw one on a sled locally and it looked like a slick setup.
Very nice setup. You can carry gear, fuel, both or either. I carry tools and spare parts for the group, and only add the fuel tank if we are riding a good distance and worried about running out. The way things go in our group, I would be best served by carrying 3 gallons of two-stroke oil in the container. The only thing we have run out of in all our riding is oil for their two-stroke Doos. :cool:

That trail tank install looks great and would be very useful in my 100 mile++++ remote riding area. I probably would miss the large tunnel bag on my X-TX though.
That is one reason for getting the saddle bags. I will use them for my overnight rides.
With the trail tank, I should be on the same fuel schedule as the other sleds I ride with.

I went with the Kimpex connect system with the 2 gal rotopax and Kimpex bag....I'm still waiting on the b/o tank holder. I also installed bop rear tunnel supports just in case. Pics once it's all on.

Whatever happened to that Arctic Cat extra fuel cell they used to sell?
That was bada$$. Worked with the stock fuel pump and drained out just like the regular tank does.

Back