• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder with Electrical gremlin

Good morning earthling
I’ve received a service manual but unable to read the print.

Are you familiar with what accessories run off the main 30 amp fuse and the 15 amp ignition fuse ?

The labeling in the electrical diagram is broken in some of the service manuals. I let one of the moderators know as they are unreadable.

Yes, I am but mostly from staring at that schematic. Is there something particular you are looking for?

White / Red is the wire that carries the voltage from the regulator to the pre-start items, and the battery through the main fuse.

White / Red feeds all fuses but the headlight and handwarmers.
White / Red feeds the headlight relay.

The ignition fuse outputs red/white.

Red/White feeds the diagnostic port and console harness with unswitched DC, both must come up before start.

Red/White feeds the main relay.

The main relay outputs switched DC on Yellow/Red which feeds the coil side of the rest of the relays and the ECU.

The shift fuse which gets its power from white/red outputs red/brown.

Red/Brown feeds the coil AND power sides of the shift relays.

Red/Blue comes from the taillight fuse and feeds the grip controls, taillight, accessory plug, gauge, etc, basically everything that needs power pre-start.

Back