• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons Flexi Skis

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
I have a set of Simmons Flexi Skis and I have six inch carbides on the inside and outside of the skis. They work good to get rid of darting, but the steering effort is a little high. I was thinking of getting four inch carbide for the inside of the skis. How do you guys think this would work ?

If the flex skis are anything like tuners, I would put the longer carbide on the inside.

I had the Simmons Gen I's on my old Vector LTX and I agree, the steering effort was "a little high". I took them off and they sat in my garage until I picked up a Phazer XTX. I put the Simmons on the Phazer, and I have been very impressed with how they handle, and there is minimal steering effort. I don't know whether it has to do with the weight of the sled, or the transfer when you hit the throttle. I know that when I hit the throttle on the Phazer, it will lift the skis; by comparison, my old Vector just seemed to dig in deeper. I don't know what they are, but I suspect that there are adjustments you can make to your suspension to get some of the weight off the skis and lighten your steering effort.

I have my a arms set parallel to the ground and my center skid shock is all the way stiff. The sled handles good especially with the 13mm sway bar and GYTR front piggy back shocks. I don't ride real aggressive so I think I am going to try a 4" carbide on one side and see how I like it. I think I had that same setup on a mxz 700 with precision ski and it worked pretty good. I do like these skis because the darting is almost completely gone. I forgot to mention that I also have these skis shimmed. Thanx for the input everyone.

Back