• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Alignment

1bad442

Can anybody explain to me how one adjusts the toe on skis on an Apex GT or RX-1. I have new Simmons and would like to make sure the toe is set correctly.

Thanks

The best way is to get a 8 foot straight edge (I use a piece of angle iron). Lay it along the side of your track (make sure the track is running true on the hyfax) than measure to the center line of the ski (front and back of ski) this should be about a 1/8 inch (1/4 inch total from ski to ski). To adjust you need to loosen the jam nuts on the tie rods and turn the tie rod to lenthen or shorten the measurement. keep some preasure on your ski tips pulling them in toward the center to take out any free play. Hope this helps. With the Simmons skis you want to be as close to 0 as posable WITHOUT toeing them in 8)

The perfect way to measure is to ride your sled in snow in a straight line & come to a stop, then measure skis with a long object along the track!!!

The tips want to naturally pull outward in snow!

BR

I would measure from the outside to outside front of both skis and then measure the outside to outside back of the skis. For 0 toe the measure ments should be the same as long you measure the skis along their own straight edge. If the ski dont have a straight edge. Measure center to center front and center to center back again a 0 toe should read the same.

Now to measure the toe of a camel. lol nevermind not going there.

Try jacking the front of the sled off the ground taking the skis off and using a piece of (round) cold roll the size of the bolt hole. I believe it is 5/8. Adjust untill you can run the rod thru both sides at the same time.
Install skis and let down. The weight should toe the skis out just a little.

This is the way I was told to do it.
1. Jack up front end so ski's are off the ground.
2. remove ski's
3. Align your handlebar by measuring from same point on each grip to same point like a rivet towards the back end of your sled. I used tie downs to hold them in place.
4. Then take a rod the size of the ski spindle bolt hole and run it from one ski to the other.
If it doesn't line up you will have to disconnect your
steering arms. Put the rod through both spindle bolt holes. Now adjust each rod end so it attaches to the steering arm without moving the spindle.
This should give you perfect alignment.

Back