• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SKI POLL

The type of ski's are you running on your Nytro's Now?

• C&A (of some sort)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simmons Gen 2

• Curves

• Slydog

• Powder pro's

• USI

• Simmons Gen 1

• Stock with mod'ed carbides (Triple etc)

• Other

• Total voters
sheetwright said:
Now the question is (and no bashing), Have you tried a different ski on your Nytro that is on the list, and switched to another? If so what to what and why.
I have also tried CA XT for couple of days. Both on my -08 RTX 40th and my -09 SE. Better off trail floatation and better steering grip on fresh powder trails compared to SLP PP. Though, too much steering effort compared to SLP PP. Made the steering feel "delayed". After a series of tight corners I felt like the steering was getting out of phase with the corners...
I have also tried the OEM ski, but I did never get any Yamaha OEM ski to work on soft trails. Simply, they offer no steering response and no steering grip, and in my opinion, this can not be sorted by changing carbides.

I had CA Razors last year on my -08. Worked ok on almost all surfaces. Although they are tougher to turn than the SLP PP that i run now. And as Alatalo said, they just dont have the steering when the trails get soft..

Most of all the steeringeffort is worse on the CA skis, imo that is mostly because they are so long and flat whereas the SLP PP have more of a radius along the keel.

Anybody try the new xtx C&A trail skis, that are 7-1/4" wide? Was thinking of these, maybe instead of the C&A razor pros I have now.

NLVMAX said:
Will vote soon. Still running the crappy stockers, but not for next season. Haven't decided what to go with yet but I know I don't what these razor blades...
switched to yamaha mountain skis and in the deep much better on my XTX. Trail is just ok, I liked the ski doo skis better for that. Running dually right now

I ran Slydog Powderhounds before getting the MTX skis.
Did not like the lack of steering grip of the Slydogs.
They steer ok on hard trails, but not good enough in softer conditions like we often have around here.

I am new to Yamaha, I came from a Fusion 600 ho.... I am no stranger to hard steering. I am putting on SLP Powder Pros but cant find a part# to the ski saddles. What Part # do I need for my 08 RTX. Which by the way has no miles and is killing me to see it sit all summer in the garage, I may have to de-thatch the yard a couple times!!!!!!!

This thing is getting ski's and different handwarmers- RSI's.

Thanks for the help!!

Back