• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Pressure

SharkAttak

TY 4 Stroke God
can someone tell if there's a way to get more weight transfer to the ski's on the phazer fx, i see there's alot of set-up in the suspension and shock's but i don't have a clue how to set it up

There are several ways to achieve more ski pressure:
Shorten limiter strap
Increase rear spring preload
Increase front suspension spring preload
Increase the compression damping in the front suspension shocks
Increase the compression damping in the rear shock
Test, test, test!!!!!!

hoov165x said:
Shorten limiter strap
Test, test, test!!!!!!

have you tryed anyone of these with results

SharkAttak said:
hoov165x said:
Shorten limiter strap
Test, test, test!!!!!!

have you tryed anyone of these with results

This is what I have tried so far.........
SLP Powder Pro Skis
Shorten the limiter 1 hole (go too far and you will compromise weight transfer, traction, and your deep snow capability)
Increase spring preload on front suspension shocks 1/4"
4 out from full hard on front suspension shock compression damping

The sled is much better in the corners now. Don't expect it to be easy to steer at slow speeds however. The stock setup makes it easy for kids and wives to handle. I am still testing and trying to find the best all around combo for me. And guess what? When I get rid of this godawful POS track I will have to start all over again!!!!!! BTW- this sled needs a little more antisway bar if you are really serious about corners.

Seems to me, to put more weight on front end, you gotta take weight off the rear end. Increasing preload/comp damping on rear and/or decreasing preload/comp damping on front will raise rear and lower front and move cg a little forward.

rfabro said:
Seems to me, to put more weight on front end, you gotta take weight off the rear end. Increasing preload/comp damping on rear and/or decreasing preload/comp damping on front will raise rear and lower front and move cg a little forward.

As you decrease comp damping and preload on the front end what happens at the front of the skid? That's right, it contacts the ground with more pressure, taking weight off of the front end. What you say may be partially true but only if you shorten the limiter strap even further. For the type of freeriding I do that doesn't work.

I'm with ya hoov. Makes sense- and if you increase preload on torsions along with center you lose transfer, i guess. With shortening of limiter strap, though, just stiffening up center shock would work for trail riders?

Attachments

• HPIM0097.JPG
    HPIM0097.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 72
  • HPIM0100.JPG
    HPIM0100.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 75
  • HPIM0096.JPG
    HPIM0096.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 83
  • HPIM0099.JPG
    HPIM0099.JPG