• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski s Darting

LAJAMA

Extreme
Hi,

Hi does anyone have any experience with any products that will cut down on the skis darting and zigzagging on the trail?

I would like to be able to feel like I have a bit more control in conditions where there are a lot of tracks to ride through.

Please advise.

Thank you very much. :yam:

Check out Snow Trackers http://www.snowtracker.com/

There are some treads on these on this site as well and seems like people like them. Do a search. Or you can check out the ski & suspension category for more info on skis and darting.

Yes... Curve Skis,

Curves will have a booth near the Arctic Cat display at the "Big East" in Syracuse, NY this weekend.

Talk to Nick or Sean.

Their products are cutting edge technology. ;)!

No matter what skis you have (I run Curves with 10" carbides and love them), you need to look at your carbides and if they are worn in the front, you need to shim under the back of the rubbers. I found this to work better than anything I have done to the sled. Do a search on it, there are many threads on the sugject.

ralger said:
No matter what skis you have (I run Curves with 10" carbides and love them), you need to look at your carbides and if they are worn in the front, you need to shim under the back of the rubbers. I found this to work better than anything I have done to the sled. Do a search on it, there are many threads on the sugject.

X2 - and thinking it's a real good idea to do that prior to buying anything else to deal with the problem!

You should check out www.bergstromskegs.com . This web site along with a call into Scott should be of great help in resolving your darting problems. You should also do a search on totallyamaha about bergstrom skegs and their tripple point carbides. This past weekend I installed bergstrom tripple point carbides and shims.

Bergstrom skegs triple points & shims cure all sleds of darting probs. Easy & effective cure.

A question for those that have experience with snow trackers.
Have you ever had trouble with the blade bending like a snake as it is only a 1/4" thick?
How about the corrector wing can it be straightened without breaking if it gets bent?

I can see it working great in ideal conditions but sooner or later it will come in contact with a rock while turning
and getting bent out of shape.
What have you experienced?

Beech said:
A question for those that have experience with snow trackers.
Have you ever had trouble with the blade bending like a snake as it is only a 1/4" thick?
How about the corrector wing can it be straightened without breaking if it gets bent?

I can see it working great in ideal conditions but sooner or later it will come in contact with a rock while turning
and getting bent out of shape.
What have you experienced?

I have around 2000 miles on my snow trackers and they are still straight...I should get at least 2-3 more winters out of them...my last trips this year were the last couple of week-ends in April so I hit stumps, rocks, soft shoulders ect ect ect...I was a non believer and was a big fan of shapers but when I bought my XTX the dealer installed these as part of the deal...my buddy who has the same sled convinced me to try them and I'm glad I did.

Attachments

• ski1.JPG
    ski1.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 176
Shimming ski's makes them steer harder. I think i have around 4,500mi on my Tracker's so far and no bending problem's. Will not ride with anything else and i have tried everything. If you want a pair i would get them ordered, Last year after word got out they were sold out for a while. kviper

Looks like and sounds like the real deal.
I noticed that the ones upei93 has shown is the 5 blade version . The ones shown in the Royal Distributing cat.
is the 3 blade with a Teflon rectifier for the standard.
Can anyone comment on the difference or advantage
of which version would work the best.

Beech said:
Looks like and sounds like the real deal.
I noticed that the ones upei93 has shown is the 5 blade version . The ones shown in the Royal Distributing cat.
is the 3 blade with a Teflon rectifier for the standard.
Can anyone comment on the difference or advantage
of which version would work the best.

I have the extreme kit, you are talking about the trail touring kit...I have the Royal book in my hand and they sell both kits on page 223.

We have three o6 Apex. We tried the shims and bergstroms at first and for us it worked for a little while then the darting returned as the shims sunk into the rubber. In the end we installed Ski-Doo pilot 5.7 ski' and have had good results with them.

Back