• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid plate install

super1c

Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 sidewinder LTX-LE
Looked everywhere but no luck. Can I tip the sidewinder on it right (exhaust) side like my viper to install skid plate? Proper handlebar on bucket so it was more at a 45. Or I can just lift rear high enough to do it also. Best method?

Looked everywhere but no luck. Can I tip the sidewinder on it right (exhaust) side like my viper to install skid plate? Proper handlebar on bucket so it was more at a 45. Or I can just lift rear high enough to do it also. Best method?
Your ok to lay it over on its side.

I use milk crates under the skiis, works well for changing oil as well

How do you get it physically on its side? floor jack? I would think a chain fall/hoist/engine hoist is best?

How do you get it physically on its side? floor jack? I would think a chain fall/hoist/engine hoist is best?
I just put 1 foot on the running board, grab the middle handlebar loop and pull them over. It's easier than you think

At what point will oil leave the tank if you deleted the valve?

No issues with laying the sled on its side to install skid plate. As stated above, I often use VP race gas cans to get my sled higher up in the air to work under it/change oil. Things that aren't easy on the lift a sled lift or the electric rafter hoist.

Thx guys skid plate installed. Wasn’t bad just typical of posts I read. Holes didn’t really line up with rivets to drill out. Followed directions to the t and plate screws provided were to small diameter for holes, had to go wider screws. Bellypan nuts and bolts were pretty easy. I thought exhaust side was easier then viper. Overall pretty happy!

Back