• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz freeride seat to sidewinder

Notna

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Sidewinder mtx
Hi
After 15 years on 2strokes i just bought me a sidewinder mtx. The sled fells really good the little time i spent sitting on it except for the bulky hi seat.

Have anyone tried to mount the skinz freeride seat from Yamaha viper?

It fits bolt on

Attachments

• IMG_3534.JPG
    IMG_3534.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,497
What about the Sidewinder MTX 2018. Does it fit as well?

It will fit. The Skinz seat comes up higher than the factory 18s around the gas filler neck so some trimming is required of the panels. I don't have pictures but have seen one installed. If Skinz ever ships me mine I'll snap some pictures.

Thanks. Waiting for some pics from your setup once you got it installed

Not the greatest picture, and disregard how ugly my cut line is (it’s much better after cleaning it up), but gives you an idea of the trimming needed. Really not a big deal at all.

Attachments

• 2E9E8375-08B8-4370-8BCF-2996CE72923D.jpeg
    2E9E8375-08B8-4370-8BCF-2996CE72923D.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,176
Great job and thanks for the pics. Did you have to remove the battery? May I ask how much you paid for the seat? Could you post another pic from the side of the machine? Thx for your time.

My guess, at BEST, you'll pay MSRP of $450ish for one now. Skinz has been in the process of moving for the last many months and supply is basically non-existent. I had one on back-order since September, got tired of waiting and cancelled my order 2 weeks ago. I remember seeing them for $370ish on Ebay a year ago but the last I had looked Freeride seats were listed at over $500 there and I couldn't find the Viper seat.

They are setup to run the factory battery in the stock location.

Here's a link to the Skinz site:

http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproducts/freerideseatkits.html

Great job and thanks for the pics. Did you have to remove the battery? May I ask how much you paid for the seat? Could you post another pic from the side of the machine? Thx for your time.
I might be interested in your mtn seat depending on the color and price.

Sorry for the late response, I don't get on here very often. As for what I paid, I am just going to say full retail. I'm actually a dealer, and I had my rep cut me a deal on it so I actually paid below dealer invoice. Battery is still in the factory location, although it is a pain in the but to get to it. I'll try and get you a picture of the side yet today.

hi there. Hope your seat works well for you. Any chance you can upload a couple pics of your seat setup from the side? thx

Best I got right now

Attachments

• E1371DF6-C3C7-4B93-BD1D-B3E5048DD0CA.jpeg
    E1371DF6-C3C7-4B93-BD1D-B3E5048DD0CA.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 2,083
Could u post where you got the seat what model whats the info for me to get one for my 2018 Sidewinder MTX

I’m a dealer, and bought it through my dealership. Any Skinz, or seat in general, from a Viper will work on a Sidewinder.

Back