• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skinz mountain seat?

Airzemee

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 APEX MTN
Hey guys! Been lurking on here absorbing for a couple years now. Decided i shouldgrt in the .ixto get my ed setup how i want it. Due to overzealous dogs with access to my sled..my dogs decided my seat was a good chew toy over the course of a summer.
I am looking for a seat replacement. I have come across the old skinz air frame seats and love the looks of them.. unfortunatly looks like im several years behind the lroduction curve.. does anyone have one of these kicking around they are willing to get rid of? Does anyone know if the new ones skinz still makes for nytro would be hard to retrofit? My main concern is the fit around the gas tank. I can bend and weld new arms if need be. Thanks in advance for the help!

Nothing against the seat, but if I may offer something. IMO One of the reasons the apex has become synonymous with a tank is because of the fuel tank being centrally located, while the engineering intent was admirable, the real world application leaves the sled feeling heavy.

One of the most unexpected and best mods I did was using a tank where you sit on top of the fuel and the fuel is moved back towards the rear. One of the best ways to do this would be to buy a Ski Doo xp tank and Seat (the seat clips on the tank and looks awesome) and retrofit the sender, fuel pump etc. While that is a little more work and not as well defined as a seat it makes the sled handle like its 100 lbs lighter, with the skis coming up at will yet planted in the curves (fuel sloshing forward under brake). Its a really underestimated mod.

good luck!

Back