• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled lift...

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
thinking of upgrading from my old chain hoist to a lift of some sort. what are guys using and what is the best bang for my buck? I have a 05 venture and 10 vector ltx so I guess 800ish pounds is my weight.

look like a nice unit.. so what "cant" you do using this style lift?

thanks.. what are my limitations with this style? can you yank a skid out for example?

dexter said:

Its a good lift. You can't really remove the skid while using the lift.
Chain hoist or winch from the rear bumper works the best for skid work.

thanks stiener.. what is the advantage to these then? what is their selling point?

If you have to do any kind of motor work ,clutch maintenance, Hell changing wear bars make life easier so you dont have to bend over. I made mine and love it.

dexter said:

never tried removing the skid, hoist works much better
any work on the front end is what I use mine for, except oil changed, seems like the drain cover is right where the front support is, also good to store the sled off season, gets all the weight off the suspension,

I originally bought the same looking lift from royal distributing. I did not trust that one at all, looks the same in pictures but the gauge of the steel isn't close to the one from princess.

kidastra said:
dexter said:

never tried removing the skid, hoist works much better
any work on the front end is what I use mine for, except oil changed, seems like the drain cover is right where the front support is, also good to store the sled off season, gets all the weight off the suspension,

I originally bought the same looking lift from royal distributing. I did not trust that one at all, looks the same in pictures but the gauge of the steel isn't close to the one from princess.

Exact same reasons what I use mine for, plus I use it to help with the snow/water removal after a ride.

I also purchased the PA as I founf the same with the Royal ones.
If I owned an Elan, the Royal one would suffice, but anything larger imo, your just taking a chance on.

Keep an eye out for sales, I purchased my PA for $168 then it went further on sale and I got it for $119. ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0161 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0161 (Large).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 393
i've got 2 from princess auto for $169 each. i use one for my XTX and the other for my srx/vmax. like others mentioned makes working on the sled sooo much easier on the old back. FYI. i used a couple of hockey pucks for cushion against the running boards(also levels it) and shaved the side facing the track to make it easier to pull it in or out when using it. great price and they even come with the wheels where others charge you extra. ;)!

Back