• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled wont launch strait

wantboost

Expert
Seems like I always get the answer I need here so can anyone tell my why my sled continues to pull right.i have the transfer rods adjusted the same on both sides but it still goes right and I end up crossing lanes on the dragstrip.just wanna get it the launch and run strait.also my limiter straps are adjusted same on both sides.its a rx1 with stock suspension

Rear Skid is not square or true in the tunnel.
Start by measuring the mounting points at the front and rear in relation to a good reference feature on the bulkhead and to each other. Especially if you have aftermarket adjustable mounts that were put in, or the originals had been relocated.
We've seen driveshafts that were also mounted crooked from one side to the other.

All stock mounting points nothing has changed there.if I loadthe right transfer rod will that make it go left?

Check them anyhow, your tunnel might be tweaked or something in your skid is tweaked and not straight...
If you have to stagger the transfer rods to compensate, then there is something wrong.

I will check I've always thought something with the skid aint right cause I have to run my track wicked tight and I have extrovert drivers not to mention ive had the sled upside-down a few times

I betting your tunnel is twisted after it went shiny side down, so the left side mounts are putting more pressure on the left rear of the track then the right side... that is why it's wanting to drift to the right.

wantboost said:
So would it be ok to add transfer to the right side only to make it go strait?

I wouldn't ... The rods will be off centre and want to bind. Doing that will create more issues
There's only one fix I would recommend and that's to square the skid as Mbarryracing
Recommended. You don't want something to break at the speeds your going.
M2c

Barry

wantboost said:
Seems like I always get the answer I need here so can anyone tell my why my sled continues to pull right.i have the transfer rods adjusted the same on both sides but it still goes right and I end up crossing lanes on the dragstrip.just wanna get it the launch and run strait.also my limiter straps are adjusted same on both sides.its a rx1 with stock suspension

I don't know if this is a persistent problem with your sled but quite a few of us were having the same problem yesterday due to a strong wind from the left of the track.

I also battled a pulling right issue yesterday with my Warrior, I had to pull up on the left front limiter to correct it.

Track Tension also plays in to it.

If one side it tight and one side is lose, it will pull to the Lose side because the studs flex more causing less traction on that side.

Ted.

Didnt even think about the wind ted.I'm going back up tomorrow for some testing and i'll see if it's any different.I have a few small things I wanted to pick your brain about but didnt wanna bother you while you were eating.ok if I call you this week?
Craig

wantboost said:
Didnt even think about the wind ted.I'm going back up tomorrow for some testing and i'll see if it's any different.I have a few small things I wanted to pick your brain about but didnt wanna bother you while you were eating.ok if I call you this week?
Craig

Nice meeting you yesterday, I don't mind talking and eating but appreciate your Manners.

Yes give me a call.

Ted.

Can be loose rivets connecting the tunnel to the bulkhead, if the tunnel twists under load it may cause the sled to pull out to one of the sides,it's possible.

Like Ted says, Wind will do that too.

Back