• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sledseats.com seat mod

AftonJay

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Warrior, 2009 Nytro XTX and Arctic cat puma for the kids
Has anyone done a seat mod from a website called sledseats? It is added on foam with a new cover, it pretty much looks like an Apex seat mod when its done from what I can tell. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one good or bad. And if so how tuff was it to install and make look good?

Seat mod

Aftonjay, r u Aston mn. If so I am close to Hudson wi. Have done the mod, would be willing to help ya. Got an rx1. Have done a bunch of mods to it. Look in my profile for seat mod link, not my post but will get u threre. Seat mod best mod I have done next to the m10 airwaves

Thanks sledheed, actually that is Afton, MI. Actually I am interested in a particular seat kit from sledseat.com and was wondering if anyone had experience with that. They offer a kit that has a built in "trunk" on the back of the seat that can help with the RX storage issues.

I have the kit with the map pocket.
126-1.jpg

That's the one i was looking at. How do you like it? Are you happy with the quality of the cover and foam? Did you have to cut down the fuel tank cover? Sorry for so many questions.

Yes I'm happy with it, it give you a little extra height but the best part is the added storage and map pocket.

The cover and foam are good quaility, you remove the old seat cover. Glue down the new foam and staple the cover onto the seat frame. Since it used the stock seat i did not have to trim anything.

Just did my seat today, went to Joann's fabric and got two pieces of 4" foam for $20 (50% off sale) came out looking good i think. Firmer and higher than stock, very happy with it. Just need snow now to try it out :letsnow:

Attachments

• Photo0279.jpg
    Photo0279.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 330
  • Photo0283.jpg
    Photo0283.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Photo0284.jpg
    Photo0284.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo0281.jpg
    Photo0281.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 261
very cool making your own seat. How many inches of foam did u stack on it? How did it hold up when riding?

:Rockon:

4 inches, and held up good, no problems. Much more comfortable to ride, also added 3 inch riser, those two mods made the sled fit me and my riding style better.

I did one RX1 the do ityourself JoAnn fabric way and one with the Apex seat swap. The Apex seat is better for us, the 4" stuffed seat still.isn't tall enough. My 5' daughter rides that now. I will have to check out the kit...sounds nice.

Back