• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SLEDZ DEAD BABY............part 2!!!

BLUEBALLER

Expert
Here we go again - round #2, this time error 46!

Book says it's "snowmobile system power supply (monitor voltage), power supply to the ECU is not normal".

Rode all day with Reaper yesterday - got back to the truck - went to load sled and when I cranked it over - it didn't.

Bloody hell - not again.

I'd been starting/stopping the sled about 25 times throughout the day, if not more. Boosted it with the truck & it flashed error 46 even while running.

After running for a little while - it died on it's own. So we dragged, cursed, & lifted it into the back of the pickup.

Sounds like the battery is one of the defective ones - I know there is a recall on some serial #'s.

Anyone else see this code when your battery's dead? I'm hoping that's all it is, but it could be the stator.

Back to the dealer - AGAIN!

Oh yeah - on a side note - my left spindle is now vertical & my shock is bent, but that's a whole nother story. Good times people, good times.

:o|

Mines at the dealer right now with codes 46 43 and 12, will start but runs choppy and doesnt want to hold an idle. They are also looking at my subframe and a arms, and lower ball joints. Let us know what your dealer says about 46.

Well, it just keeps getting better & better. Picked up my sled last Thursday after it got a new front clip & battery(for code 46).

Wife & I took Friday off & decided to go on a sledding weekend 3.5 hours away. Check in to hotel, unload sleds and go for a rip.

An hour later - code 46 right in the middle of the lake. So, we proceed to make our way back to the hotel before the sled dies. Load it up on the trailer, shut it down, go to start it up again, and it doesn't even fart!

F%*K sakes!!!!!!!

Call a new dealer that is in the area and he offers to look at the sled after hours - it's now 6:30 pm on a Friday nite! Justin if you're reading this - THANK YOU!

Go back Saturday morning to find out the verdict.

He says everything checked out within spec. Started to swap ecu & rectifier/regulater with another nytro & no diff. Then he starts to check the stator output. all good, UNTIL he measures it under load, then sees it's only putting out 1/2 the output it should be!

Now the really good part - stators are backordered in Canada. Who the F&^K knows when they'll be in is anyones guess.

In case you can't tell, I'm kinda pissed that my sledding weekend was ruined by this so called "reliable" yamaha snowmobile. Total mileage for the weekend, under 100 kms. I was hoping for about 750.

So, it might be a few days, few weeks, few months, not too sure.

1 thing for sure is, my next sled will NOT be a yamaha. Over-reacting? Maybe, but the season is short enough to deal with this kinda crap.

Topends I can rebuild myself, unfortunately I can't widdle together a f*&ckin stator.

If anyone has a stator they'd be willing to part with - PM me.

BLUEBALLER said:
1 thing for sure is, my next sled will NOT be a yamaha. Over-reacting? Maybe, but the season is short enough to deal with this kinda crap.

Topends I can rebuild myself, unfortunately I can't widdle together a f*&ckin stator.

You and me both, man. My next sled is probably gonna be a '90 Tundra. At least I will have warm hands and a sled that doesn't eat a half-grand in sliders and relays each season. Not to mention you can fix them yourself in an afternoon from junk in the shed.

BLUEBALLER - I'm not sure but there seems to be a bit of discontent hidden in your last post. I hope this is just a misunderstanding on my part.

No, I read it again. There's definitely a subtle undercurrent of angst coming through.

Does somebody need a hug?

arteeex said:
BLUEBALLER - I'm not sure but there seems to be a bit of discontent hidden in your last post. I hope this is just a misunderstanding on my part.

No, I read it again. There's definitely a subtle undercurrent of angst coming through.

Does somebody need a hug?

My Nytro cut me deep Steve, not sure a hug will help. I'll find out later today if Yamaha Canada will let the dealer get a stator out of the states.

Apparently you guys have them in spades down there. What's up with that eh?
Doubt it'll be ready in time for this weekend, so now that's 3 weekends in a row that I can't ride.

sux to be me.

That's why I'm currently looking at a Doo!! know why? cause it's in stock & I can ride it! lol

Was gonna buy the wife a new sled in the spring, but I'm sooo off yamy right now it's not even funny.

probably gonna add a nicely used 07 600 gade X to the barn. I find out later today as well.

It sux cause I just got the damn thing dialed in to the point where I really enjoyed riding it, only 1 problem - I can't. :o|

:die 08 Macgyver'd Nytro

Well, we are at the center of the Universe here so I guess that makes us sorta special.

If you don't hear from your shop today I would suggest sending an email to Mike or Kevin at Port Yamaha. They might be able to tell you if there's a supply of what you need in the good 'ol US of A.

I think FedEx and UPS can get across the border without a strip search, unless you're into that and don't mind paying a little extra.

The dealer called yamaha canada and they won't cover it under warranty if we ship the stator up from the states. WTF!!!

They also informed him it would take 2 weeks to get here. So it looks like I won't get to ride my Nytro till Jan. 31/Feb. 1st if I wait for warranty to cover it.

Nice eh?

OR - I was thinking about just buying one myself from Seattle sports plaza for $172 and eating the cost myself. At least I might be able to go riding this weekend if it gets here in time.

I'd eat the cost and ride it and send a nice discontent letter to yamaha about how the situation was handled. I'd probably smash the old stator and mail that to them too..

Here's the latest on my POS nytro. My new stator came in early on Thursday & I dropped off sled to dealer. Wife picked it up yesterday as I busy putting on 300 miles with Reaper on my awesome new renegade.

Anyways - I get home at 8:00 & go to unload the sled from the truck. POS won't stay running. starts, dies. turn key - nothing, no pod lights, nothing. just me in the dark with the pos nytro.

try again - fires up for 5 seconds then dies. WTF is wrong with this pos sled??????????/

I'm guessing it's just a relay, but the service manual doesn't go into too much detail.

Any guesses?

It's not the starter relay as the B!tch azz sled starts as long as the pod lights up.

I'm 99% done with yammy. once this pos gets fixed - she's GONE!!!!!

Mods - feel free to edit for profanity as you see fit. I tried to remain composed, but I failed.

Back