• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sleigh Hitch Help

gumbellion

Extreme
I have searched and come across a few threads on putting a hitch on a phazer, and the difficulties in it since there isn’t one made. And most of the internet searching hasn’t been overly helpful. But since most of what my sled does is go ice fishing I want to put a actual hitch on instead of playing the rope games that I did last season and being worried about the sleigh the whole time.
My sled has the bumper seen here
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

So what have you guys done or ideas do you have. I am guessing the easiest way would be to get a couple U-bolts and an aftermarket hitch that has bolt holes that are wider than the rear bumper tube and bolt it on. Any ideas of a hitch that meets that criteria?
Thanks

This is one I made and have on both our sleds.

IMG_0790.jpg

i used a denniskirk special from a 95 skidoo summit, its a flapper style hitch and is just long enough to tie into tunnel. I do have the stock mtx bumper tho.

I built a simple hitch and fastened to the stock bumper. I've been towing 3-400 lbs for the last couple of seasons with no problems.
These sleds are built heavy. Just weigh it and compare to a new Doo or Polaris.

Attachments

• Yam hitch1.JPG
    Yam hitch1.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 98

Back