• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider question

Carla 123

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx boosted
17 zr9000 precision stage 3
Servicing my sled today as season is done and noticed slides at the rear are at the wear line but in the middle and front they look okay .sled has 2245 for miles.im guessing I should just change them out now instead of halfway through next season?is this decent for slider mileage as I know our conditions weren't the greatest this year.?

Cant really speak for whats good or bad since so many different things affect hyfax wear.
I added a few idler wheels to my skid when i first got the sled, I am still on the stock hyfax on my 14 rtx at 5900 miles.
I would suggest if possible add an idler wheel closest to where you are experiencing the most wear to help prolong hyfax life.

COUNTRY CAT has a chart to use with a mm open wrench that tells you how much percentage you have left

The standard slids are inexpensive. Just replace them if you're close to end of life thickness So you don't have to worry about them the middle of next season. I would check your Tri hub bearings also.

I finally coughed up the money for a set of Yamaha DuPont slides and now know why they are so much, way wider and a little thicker than stock. But anytime had a question on standard slides i just went ahead and changed them if nothing else just for the peace of mind

My slides has almost 12000 miles and still good. But my skid has a lot of wheels

Back