• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slydogs on 2011 XTX - Impressed

bottlerocket said:
Stock skis hold the sled up in the showroom. Please dont attempt to ride with them as its not recommended!

That statement is true to a point. Snowtrackers will transform your stock skis as well as any aftermarket ski will. The really sad, sad thing is- why in the he!! cant Yamaha fix this issue? It boggles my mind. They somehow have the ability and desire to build the best engine going, and continue to refine and improve on it, yet something soooo simple as creating a ski that works is beyond their ability to figure out? I don't get it. :o|

Snowtrackers cost more then the skis are worth and how much top end does all that metal hanging off the ski really cost you?

I broke the carbide in half then it bent straight in, good thing i still had my stock skis or i would have been not doing so much riding. My dealer dont have any carbides that match the bolt pattern of the slydogs, so where can i get them?

They got a website?

looking at some 8 in powderhounds for my xtx, but wondering if they look huge on the machine and a little overkill. But i think the xtx could use the extra flotation from the 8 in skis and the isn't that much of a price difference to the 7 in skis. Anyones thoughts?

Do the Slydogs still allow for adjustable ski stance like the stock MTX skis?

IMO the 7" are all that's needed for a stock XTX, however with my back country track I find myself wanting for the deeper keels of the 8" skis when in looser snow.

Back