• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

snow eliminators install?

kodak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
just got a set of snow eliminators and wonder if anyone has installed them on a phaz before and would give a little how to before i get started .They came with a little drawing but not good instructions and they are not model specific.

Are you talking about the ones where you cut out the running board?
If so check with your insurance company, they may void your insurance, assuming you have full coverage. Since you have to remove in their opinion an integral part of your sled.

I saw a post on another forum about it, but I can`t remember all the specifics.

Boards

Are they WRP boards?

Tools: Hacksaw (18 tooth), A air saw if you have one, Drill with small drill bit, (I used a drimel, works great for cleaning it up) and a file.

I laid the boards in place and marked it with a Sharpie. Then I cut them out. Pull the foor rest off the front of both running boards. ( this makes life much easier) Once you have got it cut out lay the boards back in place, take A Sharpie and mark anything that needs to be touched up. You will notice that rivets are still under the boards. drill them out. Onece you have the boards lined up, clamp them down and drill holes and install pop rivets. You will have to drill some of the holes from the inside of the tunnel through the boards. This will give you more strength.

If you have any questions send me a PM and I will give you my number and I will talk you through it.

snow eliminators installed and look good hope they hold up . thanks lash cat for the install info scary install when you cut out old ones but overall not a difficult upgrade now I have somewhere for the snow to go instead of building up on footrests.

kodak said:
snow eliminators installed and look good hope they hold up . thanks lash cat for the install info scary install when you cut out old ones but overall not a difficult upgrade now I have somewhere for the snow to go instead of building up on footrests.
How about a pic of your completed project?
thanks,

Back