• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOWFLAP GETTING CAUGHT IN REVERSE!!!!!

My flap is bent out preety hard right about now, from all the wheelying and stuff, but it will still do it if reversing in any kind of deep snow or on an angle.

The snow flap that came on my 2000 venutre XL is super short, you guys should check it out, it came stock like that. Since it was a 2 up sled, yamaha designed the snowflap short so that while carrying the extra weight of the passeneger (suspension compressed = lower to theground), that the flap would not be dragging on the ground.

Attachments

• yamaha VTXL500.jpg
    yamaha VTXL500.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 1,359

I agree with jim-bob my 06 attak ate flaps like it was addicted to them, i got the up dated 07 flap and cut it short (there is actually a line that looks likeit was cast in the flap about 3 inches from the bottom) we cut it there and you cant even tell i was also told dont sit on the sled when you are backing up...easer said than done. but i also know dont stand up on the sled while backing up a friend of mine tryed that and when the sled moved backwards it threw him forward pinning his leg against the throttle, which made him back into the hotell door at WOT!! quite commical to say the least!!! no damage to the sled but the door was worse for ware!

wantsnow said:
Where is the cheapest place to get a blue 12 " flap? ebay? anyone have one for sale? or any other suggestions?
I ordered mine from yammie.. The black one was $25.00. The colored ones I think are $35.00 MM.

If you cut the flap shorter, be aware that when going down the road, you are throwing stones all over the the guy behind you. Of course the only time that is really bad is when the sled behind you is yours and you discover all the chips in the hood. :-o Right?

My personal experience has been that at some point in time, I backed off the trailer into a heavy snow and bent the flap support in. From then on, the flap is too close to the track and gets sucked in. So, if you back down and bend the metal support underneath the flap, you might want to bend it back out before the flap is sucked in. Once they get sucked in, I have never had much luck keeping them out. They get weakened pretty fast rubbing on the track.

put a strap on it that prevents it from coming for ward ,it works. have not sucked the flap since i added the strap ,short flaps will shoot all kinds of stuff at the sled riding behind you, i have had more than one mark put in my sleds buy a cut off flap,piece of nylon strap two revits and a small peice of metal and yor done.

B-Rad flaps- they make a nice flap and are sponsors on our site. Support the ones who support us !!!!!!!!!!! :letsnow:

When backing my sled off a trailer, I always walk along side it. I just feel safer doing that, and then you don't have to worry about the flap getting sucked under. This also makes it easier to see behind you when backing, as you stand along side of the sled facing back.

Just my $0.02

Yamaha205 said:
i cutted the top of the flap so it doesnt show that it is cut and it never got stuck in track again!

All I did was drill out the rivets,cut the top off and re-install with new rivets.

Back