• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile season

When my new sled shows up and there is snow!!!!

I once asked an Indian when the best time to shoot a deer was and he pondered for about five minutes and said when you see 1 :jump:

Those with new sleds don't wait for snow. Many times a wet ditch will suffice when staring at a new sled in the garage.

In MN, the official start is Haydays in September! The DNR will say December 1st is the official trail opener. But I think most will agree, whenever you feel there is a enough snow to protect your sled from the crap left in the ditch.

If you post your location in your profile per site rules it would help with the correct answer.

I would be interested in the Michigan/Wisconsin area.

If the rules demand a location then it should be part of the sign up process.

I think all are December 1st I am not sure if WI is having a late deer season this year then they would be the 15th

The 15th is the earliest if we got snow . And if theres hunting theres no sleding yet , alot of private land here .

michigan can open on dec 1 wi not till the 15th both depend on snow

Here is what happens when you ride too early here!

I fixed this sled for a buddy and took it for a test run. going about 40 at 2 am alone. Hit the swamp and it just swallowed me right up. Had to walk 12 miles home. No cell service and noone awake anywhere. I went back with 2 come alongs to get it out luckiliy the swamp did not freeze that night.

By morning the seat was saturated with mud. It took 2 days to get all the mud out of it.

Attachments

• Photo_013006_001.jpg
    Photo_013006_001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Photo_013006_002.jpg
    Photo_013006_002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo_013006_003.jpg
    Photo_013006_003.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 91

Back