• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtracker install

I did nothing and it was by far the best upgrade ever, no need to worry, you will love them!

I just did the toe to 0 on my 12 standard. You could give it a try and if you find it is to aggressive you can always do the extra step's.

I hope you have the updated aggressive snowtrackers for 11-13 apex! Older style aggressive was very dangerous on our ski design. Please update us on your experience with the new trackers as I would like to go back to aggressive. Thanks

ITHAPPENS said:
I hope you have the updated aggressive snowtrackers for 11-13 apex! Older style aggressive was very dangerous on our ski design. Please update us on your experience with the new trackers as I would like to go back to aggressive. Thanks

Ditto! Dangerous!

ecopter said:
ITHAPPENS said:

Ditto! Dangerous!

LOL, here we go again, 1000's of people love them and won't ride with anything else, a couple instances and they are dangerous. As I said if you don't like them you will have no problem selling them. On a Nytro being more rider forward and more weight on the ski's I would do the semi agressive's.

ecopter said:
ITHAPPENS said:

Ditto! Dangerous!

I had a similar experience with the older version of snow trackers which were originally on my 2007 Apex.

On the throttle coming out of long sweeping turn, next thing I know the sled is high siding and I'm riding a bucking bronco at 80+ mph. Took them off and never been on the 2011 since.

kviper said:
ecopter said:
ITHAPPENS said:

Ditto! Dangerous!

LOL, here we go again, 1000's of people love them and won't ride with anything else, a couple instances and they are dangerous. As I said if you don't like them you will have no problem selling them. On a Nytro being more rider forward and more weight on the ski's I would do the semi agressive's.

So let me get this straight 1000's of people are running the old style (pre 2011 Apex) snowtrackers on the 2011 up Apex sleds and love them? You don't need to use the new style 2011 up on the 2011 up sleds, the older versions work just fine! Snow tracker updated for no reason on the 2011 up Apex sleds! Strange advise!

Seems to me what was being said and agreed to was use the proper tracker for the year of sled. Was my take anyway! :dunno:

Sasquatch said:
kviper said:
ecopter said:
ITHAPPENS said:

Ditto! Dangerous!

So let me get this straight 1000's of people are running the old style (pre 2011 Apex) snowtrackers on the 2011 up Apex sleds and love them? You don't need to use the new style 2011 up on the 2011 up sleds, the older versions work just fine! Snow tracker updated for no reason on the 2011 up Apex sleds! Strange advise!

Seems to me what was being said and agreed to was use the proper tracker for the year of sled. Was my take anyway! :dunno:

Ding Ding Ding ******** We have a winner! Thank you.

Sasquatch said:
kviper said:
ecopter said:
ITHAPPENS said:

Ditto! Dangerous!

So let me get this straight 1000's of people are running the old style (pre 2011 Apex) snowtrackers on the 2011 up Apex sleds and love them? You don't need to
use the new style 2011 up on the 2011 up sleds, the older versions work just fine!
Snow tracker updated for no reason on the 2011 up Apex sleds! Strange advise!

And how much experience do you have with Tracker's?
Just to bring you up to speed there were a lot of older Tracker's on 11 Apexes, a close friend of mine being one of them with no complaints and only a couple complaint's that made it back to the company. I talked with them in depth when I ordered them for my 12 to see what was going on. They said there was enough concern to make a change but not enough for a recall.
Who hasn't had a situation when riding aggressive with any setup, and don't tell me you are not riding aggressive coming out of a corner at 80 and getting inside ski lift. Kind of like the Rhino just flipping over for no reason. SnowTracker's don't just make a sled flip over for no reason.
As for the concern of the latest version, I am sure if you order a new set for an 11 or newer you will get the latest.
Since I bought my first pair for my 06 we now have them on 10 sled's in our usual group and no complaints. The women in our group say they never felt so confident and in control.
Now let's just let this guy form his own opinion!

Ha that kind of got screwed up somehow!
Any way I think dice got his question answered.

Really wasn't trying to start a pissing match here, just re-laying my experience with Aggressive trackers on 2011 Skiis. Had several sets of aggressives on my 2006 and loved them so no shortage of experience with them. They brought out a new design for a reason, not just to please the whiners. Please update us on the newer design as for now I'm sticking to the semi's.

I have the new design on my 12 and a friend has the pre 11's on his 11 XTX. I don't have a lot of mile's on my 12 but friend has 2K + on his 11 XTX with no complaint's so far. Looking at the two I would say the design for the 11 and newer Apex's is a little less aggressive but #*$&@ I said in an earlier post, setup is as much of the change as the physical change.

Back