• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers and Tuner 3 skis

Northernshift

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Vector LTX
I put a set of semi aggressive snowtrackers on my 2020 Viper ltx gt. I followed the instructions and reduced my front suspension to about 1/4 preload (loose), the front track shock is at stock setting and the rear torsion springs at 2nd cam adjustment. All the QS 3's are at 1. The sled handles really good, no darting, minimal push in the corners. The only problem is with the front preload at 1/4, the A arms are now sagging downwards at a slight V and I've only got about 2" of shock travel. The front suspension feels rough on bumpy trails. If I increase the front preload to 1/2 of the threads it solves the sagging and shock travel but the sled starts darting. I'm at 190 lbs ride weight. Any advice?

I’m running a 19 SIDEWINDER LTX DX, with CAT skies. Couldn’t get the tuners dialed in. I also have a 14 and an 18 VIPER LTX DX with cat skies, that was how I got them figured out. Tuners are good for going in a straight line. Three sleds with Cat skies and snow trackers, without any problems.

Hank

I’m running a 19 SIDEWINDER LTX DX, with CAT skies. Couldn’t get the tuners dialed in. I also have a 14 and an 18 VIPER LTX DX with cat skies, that was how I got them figured out. Tuners are good for going in a straight line. Three sleds with Cat skies and snow trackers, without any problems.

Hank
Are the Cat skis dual keel? Are the snowtrackers for these skis similar to the ones on the Tuner 3.

Skies are single kiel, not sure if trackers will fit. Go to website : OKTAIN.COM. You can contact the owner of SNOWTRACKERS that designed the SNOWTRACKERS for all sleds. Real nice guy and is more than willing to advise you.

Hank

Are the Cat skis dual keel? Are the snowtrackers for these skis similar to the ones on the Tuner 3.
The tuner trackers are dual carbide with 2 L brackets, 1 L bracket goes under each carbide, trackers on the tuner ski still keeps the gap between the keels, the cat ski tracker is single carbide with one u shaped bracket just like every other snow tracker.

Skies are single kiel, not sure if trackers will fit. Go to website : OKTAIN.COM. You can contact the owner of SNOWTRACKERS that designed the SNOWTRACKERS for all sleds. Real nice guy and is more than willing to advise you.

Hank
Looks like Oktain doesn't exist anymore from my web searches.

Crank up your center shock spring a whole bunch. Gradually add front ski pressure until you are happy with it. I have a stiffer front skid spring in mine.

Darting really isn’t an issue for me

It should be almost impossible to get snow trackers to dart. Make sure your toe adjustment in near zero.

It should be almost impossible to get snow trackers to dart. Make sure your toe adjustment in near zero.
My skis were 1/2" toed out, 0 toe now. I find that the more ski pressure I put, the more it darts. It doesn't dart at all now but my ski pressure is down to 25%.

Back