• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers Skags install on Apex

any chance someone has the direction that come with the new carbides?

not sure of your question... if post #16 doesn't explain the setup then contact Snowtrackers.... Google is your friend!
Contact us
crop1X.png

409 rue des Pins
St-Elzéar, Quebec, Canada G0S 2J2

Phone: 418-386-5903
Fax: 418-386-1856
Cell: 418-389-5662
We are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Email: info@snowtracker.com

Contact us in the USA
STRIKING DISTANCE SALES & ASSOCIATES, LLC

1-855-387-8757
usa@snowtracker.com

https://strikingdistancesales.com/
Visit us

COPYRIGHT © 2020 SCM-GL INC . A REALIZATION OF PANICAN INC.

t sure I understand your question, but, if the instructions in post #16 aren't enough.... well give snowtrackers a call!

I run Snowtrackers on all my sleds . Align the skis straight not toed out . Front shocks. loosen the springs until they move up and down just a little. Then tight just enough so they don’t flop around . Your A arms should be level not angled up . Adjust the transfer rod in rear suspension to minimum transfer. If you need help with the transfer rod do a Google search on it . This will make your sled push less and Rail the corners .

Should I do anything with the rear limiter strap

On one of my sleds I pulled it up one hole tighter . But my other two are In the stock holes . Google: 2010 RS Vector suspension setup . You will see a post on TY. Look about 3 post down and Catman give tons of details and measurements. I would post a link but I’m on my phone.

A few questions.
Snow conditions. Loose or hard pack?
Front spring preload settings?
Limiter strap setting?
Transfer rod setting?
Rear spring sag or preload setting?
How did the sled handle before changing to Snowtrackers?

This was my very first ride on the sled as I purchased it end of last year so I have nothing to compare to. I checked my front shock spring tension and they pretty good. I adjust to toe in and out of the skis and tighten the rear limiter strap one hole. I will see how it goes next time I take it out for a ride

Snow conditions on Friday when I road was poor at best, corners were loose pack.

Attachments

• shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 119
  • shock2.jpg
    shock2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 113
From pic posted front shock springs are too tight.

When I raised up the front of the sled there was very little pressure on the springs and I was able to spin the springs around by had very easy

Ok I went back out and adjusted the spring tension again on the shocks. This is what they look like mow

Attachments

• shock4.jpg
    shock4.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 111
That looks better for front height.

This was my very first ride on the sled as I purchased it end of last year so I have nothing to compare to. I checked my front shock spring tension and they pretty good. I adjust to toe in and out of the skis and tighten the rear limiter strap one hole. I will see how it goes next time I take it out for a ride

Snow conditions on Friday when I road was poor at best, corners were loose pack.

That alone would make you push in the corners.
What sled did you have before this one?

I had trackers on both my 07 gt and 11 se and they worked wonders.
The mono is a bit different as it only has one shock in the rear, get the front springs as loose as possible like others have said and also on mine I always adjust the limiter straps to there longest setting, shortening the straps will add weight to the front which you don’t want with snow trackers.

So a buddy of mine installed a set of snowtracker skags on my 09 apex. I took it for a ride today and it handle really bad. To me it looks like they are installed to far forward on the ski. What are your thoughts?

They are too far forward.

Back