• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers

vote4pedros

Extreme
Just wondering if anyone knows when using the snowtrackers on stock apex skis.. if you can use the stock carbide? or does it come with a special set of carbides?

And also if anyone has any feedback on this setup?

ski

i believe that's what you are getting new design carbides, semi aggressive
or aggressive, they all say they work.

snowtracker

Lets me tell you it change your machine like a formula one
for me, i used semi aggresive snowtracker and very please with that
other thing it will do it eliminate darting and it lift a bit the front for a easy steering

I ran them last season and was thouroughly impressed. The sled goes exactly where you point it, no darting and easy steering. You can leave lots of transfer in and run the front end light. It will still turn.

One caveat, I would not run them early in the season with shitty conditions as I don't think they will stand up to the abuse as well as others. I will run Studboy Deuce bars until conditions get better (best wearing runners I have ever used), then switch to the Snowtrackers. They look crazy, but they work and you can keep your stock skis.

I bought a pair of semi aggressive in January last year. It turned my GT in to a whole new sled, O darting, very predictable and only a slight bit harder steering in real tight trail's. I would have to say they were the best money i have ever spent on a mod. kviper

snowtracker

I bought them last year for my attak as it push in the corner's, darted . the snowtracker's cured it. I would sales pitch snowtracker any day!

looking at them on the bench, I thought I just been played. they look like they won't work but they do!

best money ever spent, used simmons & pilots before these and these are the best by far. Any one who has tried my sled can't believe how well they make this sled perform.
They are that good.

What exactly are these? Anybody have pics? How do they compare to my Bergstrom triples?

I wonder if you can you buy just the "corrector blades" and use your own carbides? Has anybody done this?

Here are some pics. Note how narrow the runner is, very little drag. The wings are forward of the carbide. These are last years models, the new ones show some smaller wings near the back also.

Attachments

• Nov.19, 2008 010 (Medium).jpg
    Nov.19, 2008 010 (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 129
  • Nov.19, 2008 015 (Medium).jpg
    Nov.19, 2008 015 (Medium).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Nov.19, 2008 017 (Medium).jpg
    Nov.19, 2008 017 (Medium).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Nov.19, 2008 020 (Medium).jpg
    Nov.19, 2008 020 (Medium).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 143
TBay Sledhead said:
Are those the extreme agressive or the semi-agressive?

Those are the extreme aggressive snowtrackers. I ran them my last trip of the season last year, 1600 miles, very happy with the way they perform. Like everyone I was skeptical at first, but now with some miles on them they do perform. Just be careful loading/off loading with these carbides.

Kaz

Any loss of top end? How much do they weigh?

Will these work on slydog skis?

Ran the extreme setup last year. Best money I've ever spent on a mod. Predictable, easy steering in all conditions. I too was concerned with top end. Soooooo, on the same day under the same conditions switched between my std 8" ATS' and the Snowtrackers. Got 131-132 on dreamometer (117 - 118gps) with both.

Back