• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So I heard "It's a done deal " Yamaha owns AC sleds

Update 2020/06/17: The official statement from Yamaha Motor Canada:

“Bombardier Recreational Products (“BRP”) issued a press release, on Monday June 15th, 2020, detailing the outcome of a legal action stating Arctic Cat (“Arctic”) infringed on a BRP snowmobile frame patent.

The decision made by the Canadian Federal Court in this matter has no impact on Yamaha and our snowmobiles. The ruling does not affect our ability to sell any model year Yamaha branded snowmobiles in Canada, the USA or internationally.”

https://sleddermag.com/brp-lawsuit-arctic-cat/

WOW as a Cat guy I did not think about Yami buying out Cat but it does kind of make since the law suit is now in place....again! Could be a smoke and mirrors type of rumour.
Who knows what arrangements Cat and Yami made to cover Cat's butt knowing that Cat had made a mistake years back

Textron will appeal this decision I’m sure their legal is all over it. Delay delay delay for years.

I herd it from an Artic Cat Dealer,really give me a break is this all it takes for you guys. Totally fake news read the bulletin from Yamaha this will not effect them what so ever. Cat will drag this out in court for years, get over it.

Cat dealers in Canada will have to sell Yammies. That's all there is to it....lol.

They already pre sold there 2021 models. They will make $135 less then they planed per unit and can’t sell any additional units. If they bring out a new chassis for 2022 they are back in business in Canada. They knew this was coming. I would bet that’s why they announced the 2021’s so early and took orders before the court order shut down sales north of the boarder.

Cat dealers in Canada will have to sell Yammies. That's all there is to it....lol.
Not sure if the Cat guy's would even swing a leg over a new Yammie, Cat guy's are pretty brand loyal.

My dealer here in North Bay Ontario sells both AC and Yamaha. It's great, I have 2 sources for parts and can compare prices on both. AC parts come from the US and Yamaha are from Toronto. Lately its better to order from Yamaha due to the shorter wait. I know the interchange and look up my parts before ordering.

Not sure if the Cat guy's would even swing a leg over a new Yammie, Cat guy's are pretty brand loyal.
I was a die hard cat guy until my first Rx-1. 6 Yamaha's since, or should I say 4 Yamaha's and 2 Yama-Cats.

i do not believe Yamaha will buy Artic Cat they only get between 5-6k sleds a year from them and Artic can bulid 250 per shift per line and they have 2 lines that they use for for sled production and they run 2 sfifts so that 500 units a day so that only a 2 week production run for them. so why would yamaha need a fctory to do a 2-3 weeks of building sleds?

Is it possible for Yamaha to buy the AC Snow Division but NOT the plant?
Kinda "in name only" but have more control over final product? Sort of "rent" the plant & workers for 2 weeks.
Maybe if the name changes, the lawsuit would take YEARS to affect Yamaha & by then there will be a new sled.

Not that i believe any of this, but since i broke the bottom unit on the boat, i can't go fishing......

i do not believe Yamaha will buy Artic Cat they only get between 5-6k sleds a year from them and Artic can bulid 250 per shift per line and they have 2 lines that they use for for sled production and they run 2 sfifts so that 500 units a day so that only a 2 week production run for them. so why would yamaha need a fctory to do a 2-3 weeks of building sleds?
But if they kept the Arctic Cat brand going also they would be building there machines too. They would have another plant in the U.S. they could build SxS and wheelers at also. Who knows what the plans are just don’t want to see any of the brands drop out.

Imo there are no plans everything stays the same biz as usual until Textron wants to change things up.

Ha ha funny ship ever think about becoming a comedian.

Last edited:

Back