• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Soupy's belts

What happens with these vents in the event you ever cross open water or come across a swamp that is open in emergency situation ? Are they in such a place where the the belt will get wet ?

What happens with these vents in the event you ever cross open water or come across a swamp that is open in emergency situation ? Are they in such a place where the the belt will get wet ?

Potentially but the ones near the clutch should have frogzskinz style vents to prevent that. I'd rather slip a belt for a few seconds in an emergency situation than blow one.

I almost feel the dusting is a sign of the heat...

lets not forget this 8jp is a belt designed for a 140 h.p. sled...the 8dn for a 150 ...

heavy clutching builds heat... (either squeezing the belt too much or slipping create heat)

as seen heat is the ultimate enemy...and as boost and power goes up generally so does heat..

keep up the good work...

Viper side panels have a nice vent duct on clutch panel that funnels air right onto primary. Wander if that can be retrofitted on a winder panel.

Good news, finally made an entire weekend, almost 500 miles, without blowing a belt. I rode it hard, trails were flat & fast. Kinda even tried to blow a belt but damn, Max 17 is just so sick when you're exiting turns at 80, it doesn't take long to get to 115+!

Y'all know I've tried many resolutions but I never thought something so basic could fix such a problem. And my resolution is…

Clutch vents.

I couldn't believe how much cooler the clutches ran with a vent right in front of them. There really is no venting into the clutch compartment on these sleds. The only intake snorkel is located on top of the clutch guard, not under, where the clutches are located. My sales guy is a buddy and we were looking at all the other sleds with venting that's installed from the factory. Lack of ventilation coupled with the extra under hood temps from this sled was definitely a problem for me.

I sent it this wknd and didn't blow a belt, damn that was fun. Thanks for the invite @Beerman!
Hi soupy,i am relieved to hear such good news about your belt issues finally having hope. And all it took was air relief.....who would of thought ha. I am doing some thing now,my question to you is what size holes to drill thru belley pan protector,so I can direct it to belt,and if I do blow a belt,it wont take out my MO FLOW VENT... thanks pete

Viper side panels have a nice vent duct on clutch panel that funnels air right onto primary. Wander if that can be retrofitted on a winder panel.
The BRP 860200684 vents work very well .

never heard anybody say that using reverse other than maybe the parking lot always results in burning the belt and eventually the blow

Back