• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speculation: is Yamaha getting played by cat?

WOW!!! The sky is falling the sky is falling!! Reminds me of the way the Cat guys went nuts in 2012 with all the Procross issues and the Poo guys were jumping from buildings back in 06 with the Fusion 800. I also remember the flaking ring days and engine recalls on DooTalk and I could mention many more things. The one thing I remember well when I had my last Yamaha was how well they treated me when I had a warranty issue. They paid for hotel and meals under warranty, nobody else does that and Yamaha still offers it. Having a good dealer goes a long way also but that's with all makes. You guys need to buy from a reputable dealer who knows how to take care of their customers and stop driving 200 miles to save a few bucks.
local dealer (30 miles, you probably see the commercials up there) sells everything from sham wows, foreign cars, boats, tubas, 17 lines of outdoor power stuff? to garden gnomes and home made jam (a little exaggerated, but not by much) and is well known locally for bait and switch, and having my doo for a month in jan(only snow we got that year)to fix faulty fuel pump on brand new sled only after brp tech in ON finally walked them through diagnosing fuel pressure with a gauge. seriously, mechanics 101 stuff. $1622.00 off retail spring ordered, the jacket and 3 yr warranty allowed me to get it where i want it, studs, protectors, clutch kit, hand guards, trunk and bracket, mirrors, usb set up, skid plate, rollers, nordlocks, oil and filter, all except for a can and flash, and still have $$$ left towards that. the dealers don't even know the issues or have the parts. i can fix it faster and better myself thank you, and especially all who share the info here. 30 extra miles were worth it. and they commented many others from around here were going there too. where you buyin? (hope it ain't dealer #1 LOL) always good to know where a good shop is in case the job is too catastrophic. 1-2 feet white manna on the way TOMORROW!!! YAHOOOOOO. i'm off til tuesday if they open the trails back up, i'll be up.
:sled1: :) :jump: :sled2: :letsnow:

Exactly what i thought
I feel the riders who early ordered deserve, at the very least, I letter of apology and three very good options to make things right.

$300 gift card towards accessories, wearables?
$$$$ extended warranty
$1000 credit towards a 2018

Idk, I can understand why steve is questioning someone's integrity.

Have you tried writing a letter to Yamaha? I know, it's like "what for?"

I honestly can't say how I would have handled that situation. Probably not as diplomatic as you guys have.[/QU

Back