• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speculation: is Yamaha getting played by cat?

**sj**

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
First the RR skid which Yamaha advertised and seemingly believed it was providing us that bought that model.. Maybe cat yanked it and said no we aren't providing that.. Then, slow or missing fulfillment items.. Goggle bag ... Then some handlers off/alignment... Now, turbo bolts falling out (haven't heard of one cat with this) , not torqued down primary... Oil on air filter...

Could it be that some workers at cat are intentionally trying to get the edge by monkey wrenching the team version...

I know it's not days job to promote Yam... But they are building the machine and providing many parts and fulfillment items?

Discuss

I can't believe you guys that are complaining about bolts and plastic clutch rollers? Really? Really? Go read about ALL the problems on the zuk turbos in 2012 and 2013 this isn't worth even posting about!

I'm one of the 12 turbo owners.. This post isn't about complaining.. But more of an observation.. You know.. Conspiracy theory... Room foil hats...

What makes me think there's some merit at least some of it ... Yamaha seemingly truly believed they were delivering the RR skid.. And had no answer as to why they didn't.. Like it was beyond their control

Great I get you on skid. Rollers that cost like 20 dollars to upgrade? Bolts that have not moved in over 300 miles? A sled that has ram 128 mph already and spanked all zuk turbos so far? This thing is so much better built and side panels that come off with ease than the 2012 turbo!

It's not a knock on our machine...I/ we love it... Read.. It's an observation that maybe cat isn't as faithful to Yamaha and us as Yamaha is to cat.... Think beyond the box

SJ I agree with you! I'm just so sick that ever time I read on forum it is nothing but people complaining about bolts, rollers, tunnel, handle bars, skis, and list goes on. This is small potatoes compared to the 2012 and 2103.

Cat dealers have already been sent a bulletin about the turbo bolts. They also are having a problem with the primary clutch coming loose. They are having more than their share of issues like always.

Who, owns who??? Lol! That is the question that will get an answer in the next 5yrs.

You guys don't think Yamaha is going to help with engineering down the road? I can see it coming now.

In terms of sales, who won? I'd say this partnership has helped Yamaha sales by an overwhelming margin.

In the end, we have loose bolts & some flat rollers. Lol!

People aren't bitching. I come here to get informed!! and to fix it or make my dealer aware of my concerns.

My god!!! The Sidewinder is a gift from the snowmobiling gods!

Any one pull the throttle and not get rewarded with arm stretching results? just wait till the boxes from your favorite h/p guy start coming in the mail. After the several pulls I've experienced, that #*$&@ is going to have to wait.

I find the handling capabilities even more impressive. in the garage it moves around like tug boat. I thought to myself, "wtf have I done!' On the trails and right out of the box...handles like a 2stroke. very impressive. I couldn't believe it. shock valving & spring rates are so dialed in......

If this sled can deliver 14mpg (just for the range factor when cruising.) unbelievable?????

I've spent over 300pgs on dootalk. they think I'm a lair. they think Yamaha hasn't delivered! But I know Yamaha has delivered. we have a 200h/p missile capable of handling with the very best. And 14mpg to boot! are you f******crazy!

I'm not knocking the other manufacturers. But who the F*** makes this kind of sled. Loose bolts and flat rollers, my #*$&@!!!!

It's my honor and privilege to tear it up or just cruise the trails on the baddest production sled on the planet.

Thank you Yamaha....it's nice to be back home.

First the RR skid which Yamaha advertised and seemingly believed it was providing us that bought that model.. Maybe cat yanked it and said no we aren't providing that.. Then, slow or missing fulfillment items.. Goggle bag ... Then some handlers off/alignment... Now, turbo bolts falling out (haven't heard of one cat with this) , not torqued down primary... Oil on air filter...

Could it be that some workers at cat are intentionally trying to get the edge by monkey wrenching the team version...

I know it's not days job to promote Yam... But they are building the machine and providing many parts and fulfillment items?

Discuss
Cat has a bulletin on the bolts. On the rest of it, to say Yamaha getting played is a bit of a stretch, but who knows.

Last edited:

Discuss
Are You kidding? What a joke. Maybe "Yamaha" should design a manufacture a modern snowmobile rather than having someone else do it. The sad #*$&@ about about "Yamaha" engineering is just that...store is closed. No one is left in the US to do it. What Chinese company made the shitty rollers, that is tech from 1980...

I know it's already been said, but cat put out a bulletin about the turbo bolts. I saw the post card they mailed to customers. Also, saw the email with the bulletin they sent out to dealers about the studding issue. I don't care for the growing pains myself, but have seen them on both brands so far.

Back