• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speedo and tach problem Rx1 -03

Tested wires;

Sky blue
Green/red
Yellow/black
yellow/green

All wires seems to be OK ECU connector -> Instrument connector

When reving up to like 5000 rpm
DC voltage started at 6.7, went down to like 6.3 as the revs goes up
AC started at 14, went down to about 13.0

Any ideas?

Did you check the signal fuse? Its a fused circuit just for the speedo and ODO

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 413
No unfortantly i haven't. Hmms, well there is voltage up to the instrument, but the voltage, should it not change up/down more than it does, when revving?

Thanks, but I already have it. I have looked a little on the electrical diagrams, but I must say I still need help with this problem. Since I haven't opportunity to just switch the ECU or/and the instrument with some other sled, I really want to locate the problem before I start buy new things.

What about the main relay? If the main relay (relay marked with 4 in the diagram) is broken, can this problem occur?

You have voltage on the Yellow/Black wire. That is good. I think you have a gage that is not working. Slight chance it is the ECU. But, I put my money on the gage.

Try rebooting it press and hold the button on the speedo for about 30 secs. The gauge should change to km/s or to mph. If it runs right then just press and hold again until you get kms or mph.

Sled Dog said:
Try rebooting it press and hold the button on the speedo for about 30 secs. The gauge should change to km/s or to mph. If it runs right then just press and hold again until you get kms or mph.

This is good to know. I did not know the '03s did that as a reset. :)

Len Todd said:
Sled Dog said:

This is good to know. I did not know the '03s did that as a reset. :)

Its not really a reset but it switches from kms to mph and in doing so I am hoping it fixes the problem he is having. Sometimes these electronical things just lose their minds and hoping this sets it right again. It is most definitly worth a shot anyhow.

Back